+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EnglishCadbury
  • 1 Post By jammyjoe
  • 1 Post By pikachu

Thread: Last Comic Standing August 7 SPOILER final 4 and elimination discussion

FORT Fogey

Last Comic Standing August 7 SPOILER final 4 and elimination discussion

They sent Joe Machi home tonight. I wasn't surprised given the notes the judges gave him. He didn't bomb, but his style confused them and the audience a little bit.

I don't know why Nicki Carter is still there I don't find her or her delivery very funny.

I think it's going to be between Rod Man and Lachlan at the end.
    Moontat likes this.

Re: Last Comic Standing August 7 SPOILER final 4 and elimination discussion

I was disappointed too. I really thought Joe Machi is going to be in the finals. Roseanne tried to fight for him but she was outnumbered. The two judges thought he no longer have that nervous awkwardness that endeared them to him. He was exuding confidence that actually became detrimental to his performance. Nonetheless, Roseanne was right, he got more laughs than Nikki or Lachlan. Totally agree why Nikki is still in this competition. She's not funny at all and the only reason why she's still in is because of her loud and energetic delivery but her jokes were generic. She also always talks about race and her body image which is the gist of all her jokes. That has been done so much by other comedians.
    Moontat likes this.

Nikki should have been eliminated last night. She was the least entertaining of them and I'm not looking forward to watching her again. I find Joe Machi hysterically funny and the audience apparently did, too. I think Roseanne was the only one who had it right. Lachlan has excellent material and a quieter, more laid back delivery that I love.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was glad to see Joe eliminated as I never found him funny. His manner was too distracting to allow the comedy through for me. Hoping Rod Man wins.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree with some of the rest of you in that I don't find Nikki funny and I thought her set drew the fewest laughs of all the comedians so I was hoping she would be eliminated. I knew she wouldn't, though, since they'd want to keep one woman in to the end.

Rod Man is my favorite contestant this season. I love his sets and I could see him having a very successful tv show based on his comedy routines.

As much as I liked Joe and appreciated his unique brand of humor, I don't know how well it would have translated to a tv show. I think he'd do better as a one-man act rather than in a group situation.

+ Reply to Thread