+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Last Comic Standing Show Discussions

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last Comic Standing Show Discussions

Thought that the first comic, last night, was pretty unfunny....yet they really seemed to like him. I found him extremely forgettable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Last Comic Standing 2014 - News and Speculation

Oh shay, I liked the FIRST one and the LAST one!!!

I liked when Rosanne told that one female comic to 'not make the audience work' that its 'her job to make us laugh' .... that is so true but so interesting because the numerous times I have
    ever seen comics perform live they ALWAYS start with the "how you doin'" thing!!!!
    causingchaos likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh shay, I liked the FIRST one and the LAST one!!!

I liked when Rosanne told that one female comic to 'not make the audience work' that its 'her job to make us laugh' .... that is so true but so interesting because the numerous times I have
    ever seen comics perform live they ALWAYS start with the "how you doin'" thing!!!!
    There were couple we really liked. I cant remember if they were first, last or in-between. LOL I could never get up and do what they do, nevah!!!!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Enjoyed the last guy, the guy who was talking about his daughter and son and how they think/talk, and the "tell it to my balls" girl. Liked the tall woman who said she looked like a second teacher in her 2nd grade class picture standing next to the flag, and that she was not sexy.
    Moontat likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: 6/5 Last Comic Standing Show Discussion

I enjoyed especially the "tell it to my balls" girl and the father who griped about his daughter!!
    mom2 likes this.

The comics that made it through tonight were pretty decent picks, I thought. Having Amy Schumer and Wanda Sykes do the mentoring was pretty good! Lots of laughs tonight, but I still had trouble with the one guy with the high voice, doesn't blink much (can't remember his name), joked about living 200 years ago when all you did was give birth and most of the children died, then you died. Hmmm. Strange delivery, and I didn't find him all that funny.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I liked the mentoring as well. Tuned in a bit late so I didn't see all of the comics. Not familiar with the blond mentor. I absolutely did not agree with Roseanne when she said that Aida had the stuff to 'take it all the way.' I just did not find her funny at all. I suppose comedy is subjective and I couldn't relate to anything that she was saying, which, I suppose, is why I did not find her funny. To each his own. navybelle, yeah, the high-pitched guy is Joe Machi. The judges seem to love him. I am on the fence with him. His bit made me groan and left me a bit uncomfortable as it was so morbid, but I think what makes him funny is his delivery.
    navybelle likes this.

Yikes! Sounds like I missed a show last night!! Is there an encore, or can I find it online? I hate to miss this show. I hated that they did a rerun last Monday or Tuesday. Now, I'm begging for a rerun!

FORT Fan

Not many people commenting here... I like this show. I was disappointed that the comic who spoke about his son & daughter last week (teen daughter was always thinking and everything was high-drama; I can relate to that) didn't move on. I wasn't very hopeful when they only showed a short part of his set, and none of his being mentored, or the judge's comments.

Wasn't that crazy about the guy w/ the high-pitched voice and the deer-in-headlights look. The part about having a bunch of kids and watching them die and then dying yourself -- as others
    have alluded to -- not that funny. His bit about the password last week was pretty funny.

It's too bad they don't show the parts that were cut out on-line somewhere. I would even pay to see these parts on-line, but only a small amount, lol.
    navybelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Yikes! Sounds like I missed a show last night!! Is there an encore, or can I find it online? I hate to miss this show. I hated that they did a rerun last Monday or Tuesday. Now, I'm begging for a rerun!
    I have it On Demand, says it's on there until 6/16.

Amy Schumer was on a previous run of this show, I believe. She did well, was funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast