+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

Friends of mine are doing very well...even if NBC's promise to "fix all the things that were wrong with the format" seems to have made little difference to the actual product on the screen.

Sigh.

This used to be the place to go for LCS watchers. I miss that...and many of you FORTskateers!

pg--Former official LCS recapper for the FORT and the guy who got hit in the head by a curtain rod at the SF auditions for LCS Season 6!--seattle

Re: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

Has it started? I remember your recaps very well PG13! Loved them, as a matter of fact. I hope we can get a discussion going soon. I will check into the schedule so I can get on board with a real discussion.

I am watching LCS right now - the three comics I have seen are very funny. A guy doing a Paul Simon bit was right on.

Anyone else out there watching? Thanks PG13, for the reminder that the season 7 has started...

I have been enjoying the shows so far this season. I really like the new judges they have this year along with the host.

I thought the Paul Simon guy was funny, I was surprised he didn't make it through tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3954609;
    I am watching LCS right now - the three comics I have seen are very funny. A guy doing a Paul Simon bit was right on.
    That was Chip Pope. Very funny guy...and very nice, too. Met him at this year's Bridgetown Comedy Festival in Portland.

Chip has a CD out--but it isn't a stand-up comedy cd...it's a fake "greatest hits" album by a pretend 80's synth-pop star named "R.O. Manse". If you were a fan of bands like Human League, Soft Cell etc...it definitely hits a sweet spot.

Here's a taste of R.O. Manse (the full album is available from Amazon or ASpecialThing.com's shop):

YouTube - R.O. Manse - I have a Synthesizer

R.O. Manse
    "I Have a Synthesizer"

Meanwhile, my friend Myq Kaplan moved on to the finals...while friends Shane Mauss, Ryan Hamilton and, sadly, Chip Pope did not.

pg--Another five will be chosen next week...and then, who knows what will happen...--seattle

PS--I agree with Steve Heisler over at The Onion's AV Club, who said that Andy, Natasha and Greg were stuck with nothing much to say and no reason to say it during the show...and Steve had a better idea, to have all of the comedy up front...then have Andy, Natasha and Greg discuss what they saw...kind of like Top Chef's Judges Table. Of course, the problem with that is...despite all of the controversy over the years, the unseen producers of the show are still calling the shots as to who move on and who don't...

But, I've complained all I'll ever complain about how the show is run...this is how they do it and we either choose to watch it and accept it...or we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;3954693;
    Meanwhile, my friend Myq Kaplan moved on to the finals...while friends Shane Mauss, Ryan Hamilton and, sadly, Chip Pope did not.

pg--Another five will be chosen next week...and then, who knows what will happen...--seattle
    I didn't understand how/ why Rachel Feinstein made the cut over Chip Pope or Shane Mauss. I guess they needed a female to move on to the finals??

There was a guy (don't recall his name) that did the "pardon me" routine during the auditions. He cracked me up! I thought for sure he would make the semis, especially since they did that back ground piece on him and his friends enjoying a box of fine wine.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3955381;
    I didn't understand how/ why Rachel Feinstein made the cut over Chip Pope or Shane Mauss. I guess they needed a female to move on to the finals??

There was a guy (don't recall his name) that did the "pardon me" routine during the auditions. He cracked me up! I thought for sure he would make the semis, especially since they did that back ground piece on him and his friends enjoying a box of fine wine.

Didn't he get a red envelope, xmaskat? I think he did...so, you may see him on the NEXT semi-finals show this coming Monday. They've only picked half the finalists so far...so, I imagine 22 more comedians will get the same treatment this Monday.

pg--I've given up trying to figure out why someone makes it over someone else. You certainly can't tell anything real from what you see on the show as a viewer, not after all of the editing and "storyline construction."--seattle

Great! I will look for him next Monday.
    So far my favorite comic is the guy (again I don't know his name) who did "cash 4 gold" and "his father's funeral" skits. I know he will be on next Monday... I hope he advances to the finals!

My favorite is the husband of the husband and wife team they showed last week.His joke about getting his flu shot and then licking bannisters and pressing elevator buttons with his mouth was hilarious.Hope he makes it.

To me Ryan Hamilton was the funniest & I can't believe he didn't move on. That may be because I'm optician & could totally relate to his jokes. I was crying & so were my co-workers the next day. I don't get Jonathan Thymius, he's not funny at all.

Don't get me started on the judges! Andy Kindler sounds like Flipper when he laughs & I don't understand him telling people what to wear when they come back... a bolero tie, chaps. WTF? He's not funny

I can't stand the cackle of Natasha Leggero. Can you be anymore fake?

I think Craig Robinson is a good host & appreciate the opinion of Greg Giraldo. If it weren't for those two I prolly wouldn't be watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast