+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

Re: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Hein;4031726;
    What an incredible disappointment this season was.
    I agree ... I thought so many contestants just were not funny at all. BUT I will say at the end of the night/show ... I am glad of who won!!! I thought that contestant was pretty funny consistently throughout the season!

Will not mention any names as many may have not seen it yet.
    KAREN

Just watched, and not at all happy with the winner. I didn't laugh once during his act throughout the entire season and am once again bemused by what the public at large is entertained by. The runner up, however, writes a great joke and I loved the story he told.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I was also disappointed. When voting last week, I did not know it was the last vote before the finale. They really have made it boring, and yet the prize was astronomical! I felt they had hand-picked the Esparza guy even before he auditioned. Bleh.

The best season of this show was the first. Why stop showing the comics in a house together when that was the funniest part?

ROBBED. I can't believe
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Roy Wood Jr.
    got the boot. Who the hell was voting for these other guys?
    There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils at Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
    There were no utensils, but there was Pepsi?
    Dude, I got alot of tables...

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4032947;
    I was also disappointed. When voting last week, I did not know it was the last vote before the finale. They really have made it boring, and yet the prize was astronomical! I felt they had hand-picked the Esparza guy even before he auditioned. Bleh.

The best season of this show was the first. Why stop showing the comics in a house together when that was the funniest part?
    I'm not quite done watching the finale yet (DVR'd it), so I'm hoping you didn't drop a clue in there....

I agree though, this season was a stinker. The first season was the best, and it's gone downhill ever since. I really missed the aspect with the contestants living in the house together, and the "I KNOW I'M FUNNIER THAN..." and watch them sweat. At least the head-to-heads were genuine, not just remote votes sending people home.
    There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils at Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
    There were no utensils, but there was Pepsi?
    Dude, I got alot of tables...

I was surprised that Felipé won, but maybe I shouldn't have been as it's not the first time I've felt the funniest person didn't win.
    Ty Barnett wiped the floor with Josh Blue, imo, I also didn't think Dat Phan was the funniest in his season. There's no accounting for what people find appealing and why they're willing to pick up their phones and vote.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4032612;
    Just watched, and not at all happy with the winner. I didn't laugh once during his act throughout the entire season and am once again bemused by what the public at large is entertained by. The runner up, however, writes a great joke and I loved the story he told.

I'm totally with you. We just stared at the tv when they announced the winner. The funniest, imo, never gets chosen, though. So maybe its just me. Do I just have a weird sense of humor compared to the rest of the country?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;4035369;
    I'm totally with you. We just stared at the tv when they announced the winner. The funniest, imo, never gets chosen, though. So maybe its just me. Do I just have a weird sense of humor compared to the rest of the country?
    I like to think that we're just a bit more clever than average .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I must admit that I'm more than a bit surprised to find that the finalists are all (I *think* all, at least the ones I looked at) have been doing professional standup comedy for the last few years. Tommy Johnagin has his own website and tour schedule, as does Felipe, and Mike DeStefano for sure.

After reading some of the history of LCS, it makes me wonder how much of what we are seeing is fabricated and how much is real. Was listening to an interview of Iliza Schlesinger (last season's winner), and she was talking about how much fun everyone had playing with Nerf toys, but what made it to TV was the infighting and such.

Uh, did I miss an announcement that the finale would be this week? Not that I'm upset or anything, since this season sucked big time.

Few other comments:

Iliza was smoking when she came on stage! My favorite joke of her's was the paprika one.

Natasha told a joke about reality TV. Where have I heard that one before? It sounded very familiar.

Felipe winning was so predictable. They should have just named him the winner when the Top10 was announced.

Why weren't the comics in the montage of the "Top Jokes" in the Top10? They were 10x funnier than the ones that actually made it.

Myq going out 5th is a crime. Didn't really like anyone else after that, but I rooted for Roy since he made me laugh the most out of the 4. Didn't care who won after he was eliminated.

The finale had a good bunch of guests. How'd they land all of them? I mean, it was canceled in the past, then brought back to life, and it's been getting worse pretty much every season.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234