+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

Re: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

I can't believe Jonathan Thymius survived. He really bombed last week and he even bombed even more this week Every week he is getting lesser laughs from the audience and in fact I didn't hear much laughing compared to the other comedians. Even the judges said that some of his comedy is corny and sometimes misses. I don't think he has enough material. I think he'll be gone next week and if they are getting rid of 3 more, then you can include Roy Wood Jr. and Tommy Johnagin.

I really like Tommy, and I also liked the last guy eliminated this week (had a real different name?). They really made me laugh - others are okay, but that Jonathan guy has got to go. I just don't get how he's made it and others have not - the producers just want someone weird or controversial?

This show is always a highlight for me, but it never gets the ratings/support/buzz that I think it should. I wonder why? The judges are funny this year, tho the host is just eh. I liked the narrowing it down shows, because the judges were hilarious! I wish this show was being recapped/covered here.

When do they tape these shows? I ask because Greg was around here w/in the last week performing. They aren't live shows, are they?

I knew that Laurie Kilmartin would go as soon as the public could start to vote.
    She had "Producer's Pick" written all over her.
    I didn't find her material funny and her delivery wasn't very good either, imo.

I have enjoyed Tommy through the seaosn, although last week wasn't his strongest.
    I like Myq too.

I don't mind the host, Craig Robinson. I attempted to watch the US version of The Office but thought its utter crapness was an offense to the brilliance of the original and haven't seen Robinson in anything else.
    He's certainly better, imo, that that dreadful misery Anthony Clark.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The Office is and always will be one of my favs and Ricky Gervais the creator of the UK show is an exec producer but it is winding down now, Steve Carrell announced this is his last season so I think they should end it.. I think my favs on LCS are Tommy, Mike and Roy Wood Jr. I used to listen to Roy on The Bob & Tom Show a lot and man would he have me

I thought Laura sucked and was glad to see her finally go. Myq is funny but I find it hard to like someone who spells Myq that way. We are really enjoying Roy Wood Jr. He seems solid every week. We love this show, although I miss them living in the house together. THat first season was so hilarious. Craig isn't a bad host, and the judges seem very good except I get tired of them saying the same thing over and over.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm watching!

I've been looking for a thread on this year's show, and just stumbled on this one today. LCS 1 was the show that brought me to the Fort. I, too, preferred the original format. (Thanks Dave Mordal!) I also liked the fact that the comics were relatively unknown - and it seems more and more pros are applying for and appearing on the show. I watched Mike Defastano's (sp?) Comedy Central special last week. Also, it seems some contestants are there to show off their writing skills rather than their stand-up. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

(Slightly OT: I saw Ralphie May play a local comedy club recently and he was so cute - and much sweeter than I expected.)

I don't find the judges as bad as others here - they seem to be more positive than judges in the past. I like Natasha when she is on Chelsea Lately, so I guess that carries over here. And, yeah, I agree Craig Robinson should stick with The Office - he performs much better with a script.

I'm having a hard time remembering the contestants' names; it seems they don't get much camera time. I don't even have a favorite yet.

Despite my complaints....I still watch every week.
    Last edited by J.D.; 07-31-2010 at 07:14 PM.

I can't believe it's almost over already! I really wish they'd spend more time letting us get to know these comics. I'm glad the weird guy left, and I really enjoyed the show last night. There were some great jokes, and all of them were pretty funny, though I enjoyed Distefano the least. Kind of harsh. Myq and Tommy and Roy all could be the winner if you ask me. I agree w/a previous post about the judges, though - they said nothing useful. I like when they're funny too, but as "judges" aren't they supposed to offer some suggestions or criticisms? Oh well. The tour will be a great one though, definitely funny!

Ok this is my first visit to the FORT for this season of LCS. Nice to see PG13 is still here. Yes I have been watching. I like the judges I think they have done a better job of picking than in the past. I still think/know the show is still being cast though, and I think some more capable comedians have been passed over due to this manipulation. I liked Kurt Metzger should have made to the top 10. But overall, it hasn't totally sucked this season.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

FORT Fan

I'm still watching and enjoying. I think Roy Wood Jr. rocks the house every week. But also am enjoying the other four with DeStafano bringing up the rear. Last week was a solid hit throughout.

What an incredible disappointment this season was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast