+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

LG.

Re: Is no one watching the new season of LCS?

last night they had the top 10 perform, and by audience voting they're narrowing it down to the top 7. Wow, they are cutting through the contestants rather quickly.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I watched last night. I think the guy who made me laugh the most was the Italian with the white hair! The rest were so-so.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3978324;
    I watched last night. I think the guy who made me laugh the most was the Italian with the white hair! The rest were so-so.
    Ya, I was not overly impressed last night at all. BUT I agree, was his name Mike DiStefano (????) something like that ... he was funny.
    KAREN

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm with you both momrek and cablejockey. Mike was definitely the best, but I also liked the guy with the glasses who went before Mike. (More than the one who went after). I don't know his name.

Rachel and Mike made me laugh the most. Rachel shoudln't have ended with the grandma joke though. Overall, I wasn't impressed with this group. Even my early favorite Myq was a bit disappointing.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

This has been the most disappointing season of LCS ever for me. They cut all the people I liked and kept all the people I didn't like. The host needs to stick to his acting day job because he's about as funny as a couch. Every episode we watch, we say, "Maybe we should stop watching". Its so weird that the show that first drew me to Fort back in the Dave Mordal days is now something so different and so agonizing to watch. The judges pick contestants they already know and there doesn't seem to be a chance for observational humor comics in this format.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3987779;
    Its so weird that the show that first drew me to Fort back in the Dave Mordal days is now something so different and so agonizing to watch.
    I so miss the format of the first season (even though the winner was a travesty). I know that some people think that it should be all jokes, all the time, but I really loved watching comics at "home", ironing, bathing, playing hide 'n seek.

The judges pick contestants they already know and there doesn't seem to be a chance for observational humor comics in this format.
    I don't care for the quick cut format either. My favourite comic acts tend to be more along the storyteller line (like Dave Mordal) rather than punchline, punchline, punchline, and there really isn't time to build up to the big laugh at the end of the story.

That said, my favourites so far are Myq Kaplan and...well, I'm going to have to reserve judgment at this point. Last season I really liked Tommy Johnagin and was surprised that he didn't make it through. This season I liked his first appearance, his second not so much. Ditto for ? Thymius. While I do find him to be very funny, his befuddled, slowpaced schtick might lose its appeal.

And I'm very surprised that the tall geeky guy with fun fair mutilation jokes didn't make it through - freakin' hilarious. Late opinion, I know, but after apparently not diligent enough searching, I just found this thread today.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Why is LCS not being covered her at the FORT this year? That Thymius guy was funny at first but he bombed last week. I missed tonite's episode, my DVR did not record it...drats! But I bet he got cut. There were a couple of guys who didn't make the final 10 that I think should have made it like crazy lesbian Fortune Feimster and the geek Taylor Williamson.

I keep forgetting that it is on and like watching - I wish their was a thread on "Other Reality Shows" at the very least. I could use the reminder of when it is on!

I agree with Rattus that the first year with the house was a way to get to know these guys - funny you mention ironing, because that is the picture that stays in my head from that season also!

I have a hard time even commenting on this season because I don't know any of their names and the people I like keep getting cut. It is a bit discouraging.

[QUOTE]
    I don't care for the quick cut format either. My favourite comic acts tend to be more along the storyteller line (like Dave Mordal) rather than punchline, punchline, punchline, and there really isn't time to build up to the big laugh at the end of the story.

[\QUOTE]
    That's my favorite type of comic, too. I get tired of hearing a comic come out with, "So I just started dating a new guy" or "So I just ended a relationship" or "well, my girlfriend just moved in with me" and then on to the standard male/female jokes. I like having a normal situation twisted around in a funny way. Like Mordal, Seinfield, Ellen, or countless others. This season has just been blah for me. For me, there have only been a few bright moments, but most of the comics I liked have already been eliminated. I'll have to hope that someone improves (for me) so I can have a comic to root for.
    Last edited by Stargazer; 07-20-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast