+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/31 LCS Show Discussion

7/31 LCS Show Discussion

The way they asked the comics to introduce themselves was SO lame! (and although I like her, Iliza's was probably the worst, except for maybe Ron G.s)

It sounded to me like Marcus and Iliza got the lions share of the audience applause. Too bad we can't really predict home viewer voting by that.

Enjoy the show tonight and please keep all spoiler information in this thread until 1:00 a.m. Eastern.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: 7/31 LCS Show Discussion

I didn't find Ron G. very funny at all.

Heh.

That jerk Ron G. got eliminated!

Too bad we had to listen to that crappy set of his tonight first.

You know, watching this Last Comic Driving, it has finally occurred to wonder whether or not they are REALLY driving or if its all bluescreened. I mean the through the winshield view could be accomplished if they really were, I think, with clever camera placement. But what makes me doubt that its real is they've got a RECENT English immigrant driving. I mean... duh. Gotta be fake, or they'd be risking all those comic's lives when she forgot which side of the road she was on!
    Last edited by Krom; 07-31-2008 at 08:34 PM.

I just tuned in at the start of Ron G., so I'm not sure what you mean. But I understand about the dangerous driving part. As an aside, how's this for insanity...an English immigrant can just turn in their license and get a new Canadian one with no test. Me, a Canadian driver for over 20 years, goes away for a while, returns and has to re-do the whole thing.

The English guy wasn't too bad.

Hey, Jim may look a bit odd, but he's actually bagged a good looking bird for himself!

Jim is charming, but that really IS all his act is. Charm. The jokes range from so-so down to... kinda lame. But because of that charm he's more watchable than he should be with those lame jokes. Up until the Jimmy Hendrix/carrying his Bass stuff, which was actually kind of a nice comical idea.

And now we have to listen to the WORST comic on the show--Bill Bellamy. Ick.

Yeah, I liked the Jimmy Hendrix schtick. I agree...Bill Bellamy wasn't that good.

Louis Ramey is... okay. But there's a REASON he's so many years into a comedy career and STILL not that famous.

"Terror Alert in Louisiana" jokes? Come on, Louis. Is this your BEST material? The audience clapped because he said the phrase "America" around thirty times, but really... it was lame-ass material.

I thought he kind of pandered to the crowd. Four of us watching at home and he got a "meh" from all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3151154;
    I thought he kind of pandered to the crowd. Four of us watching at home and he got a "meh" from all of us.
    Any comic who harps on the "America is the greatest country, yeah!" card is pandering. Its all about finding something that gets the audience cheering instead of laughing. And well... its good for a popularity contest, but not for gauging how funny something actually is.

I got called out of the room for about half of Adam Hunter's set. But what I heard of him was far funnier than anything that came out of Louis Ramey's mouth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast