+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/31 LCS Show Discussion

FORT Fan

Re: 7/31 LCS Show Discussion

I think only a GUY would write a long, detailed post on FORT the night before his wedding. Hope everything went great, pg.

Seems kind of strange that there are so few comments on this prime-time comedy show.

I wasn't crazy about the overall format of the show this time around vs. previous series of LCS.

Jay London was one of my all-time least favorite contestants. Didn't care for his appearance or one-liners.

This time around, I don't have a strong favorite. It'd be nice to see a woman win for a change, though I'm not that crazy about Iliza.

Just some random thoughts.

I don't think the "long, detailed" part is ever in doubt when it's one of my posts...no matter the occasion.

pg--except for this one, of course--seattle

PS--Wedding went great! Barbecue today! Still happy to know that he's got a 40% chance of knowing an about to be quarter-of-a-millionaire...even if it isn't me.

Congrats on the successful nuptials, pg13. Nothing more stressful than a wedding. My wife and I were married in paradise- the beach on Kauai at sunset - and we argued almost the entire way down there because we were running late and then of course I got us lost. Awesome wedding and honeymoon though.

Iliza went again to her drunk frat girl material. Apparently she thinks the only demographic for the show are college age kids. I also didn't think that her insults of prior coworkers material was too hot. Could that shirt be any tighter? Not that I'm complainin' mind you.

I was surprised Marcus didn't really do any impersonations, except maybe for the bad Eddie Vedder / Pearl Jam thing I've heard several times from other comics. Just goes to show he can kill without going to the voices.

Jeff Dye was great, much better than usual I thought.

Sean seemed to fumble.

Louis Ramey - how long does it take to setup a joke for craps sake? And the American sentiment stuff was just pandering. Definitely not as smooth as his usual material and flow.

I'm glad Jim got through, and his set was a bit more cohesive, but I doubt he'll win it.
    There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils at Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
    There were no utensils, but there was Pepsi?
    Dude, I got alot of tables...

I totally enjoyed Dye and Iliza. I have never cared for Ron G-and I think that is why I didn't like his sets.

pg13-many congratulations on your wedding!

Congrats pg13 on your wedding - wishing you many more years of happiness!

I would have to say that Dye is my favourite right now. As much as I was pulling for my fellow Canadian, Sean Cullen just couldn't do it in the short time that they have. Looking forward to the finale.

I would say it's pretty painfully obvious that Iliza is going to win. I mean are you guys watching another show? She's been played up as a huge underdog ever since the finals began. "The guys picked on her" and she had to go into a double elimination....twice. The people she went against weren't that funny and it made her look like a better comic for beating them miserabley twice, so if she wins (which seems pretty likely) it's basically their fault for scapegoating her into the elimination thinking she'd be an obvious boote. I think after five seasons they want a female winner. They really pushed hard for Amy and she was REALLY stale as soon as the live shows began and I think that's where she faded. Iliza is fresh off of her elimination run and the finale is 5 to 1, that's another thing she has going in her favor. I mean the crowd clearly liked her the best, and she was also given the pimp spot. I also think people respect her for not reusing material and staying true to herself.

FORT Fogey

I think Jeff Dye will win. Iliza is just not that good. Good but not winner good.

Two words for you hott4hill: Michelle Ballon.

In LCS-4, Michelle was Iliza. She was played up as a huge underdog, the guys picked on her, she had to go through how many sets...until she was finally eliminated.

I disagree that "the crowd clearly liked her the best"--as from what I could tell, the biggest crowd cheers went up for Marcus and Jeff Dye...which is why I'm picking them to be in my top two. I do think Iliza will get a significant number of votes from the public...which is why I'm picking her to come in third.

Who votes for Iliza? Guys who think she's hot? I don't think they give a damn enough to pick up a phone or sign on to their various email accounts and go through the voting process. They're happy enough to see her on television, bending over and showing her cleavage or standing up and showing how low jeans can actually go and still stay on your hips.

No, who votes for Iliza are people who think she was picked on...or some girls who recognize themselves in Iliza's act but aren't offended by her ripping on similar girls as being dumb or fat or whatever.

...who votes for Marcus? People who think he's the most talented because he does impressions (and impressions are easier to make an impact with because he gets credit for sounding like someone...and then he'd get extra credit if he sounded like someone and was funny doing it.) There are also those who think he's rocker hot.

...who votes for Jeff? People who think he's adorable...both girls who think he's a hottie but also parents who appreciate that he didn't do sets that were all that dirty. Jeff also gets votes from people who don't want Marcus' impressions to win this competition.

I think that there's some overlap between Iliza & Jeff's voting bloc...and I could see people voting 7 times for Jeff and 3 times for Iliza...while people who support Marcus are unlikely to give any of their votes to Jim, let's say.

...and that's why I think Marcus will win...and that's why I think Jeff will be second (although, I could see him winning...)...and that's why I think Iliza, as surprisingly strong as she turned out to be this season, will come in third.

Now, contrary to that analysis, the professional comedian in me wants to point out that the person probably most deserving of winning...based on all that his experience has earned him more than his actual specific work on the show...is probably Louis Ramey.

I just don't think America is going to vote that way.

pg--Of course, I was wrong in predicting that Ron G was making the final five...so, don't take my comments here as anything more than my analysis and opinion which is far from infallible. You may be right about Iliza, hott4hill...although, ironically, your screen name and avatar indicate a willingness to back a strong running horse that doesn't quite win the race, doesn't it? --seattle

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;3156120;
    It would help if I spelled her name correctly: Michelle Balan.

Sorry, Michelle!

pg

First off, Michelle was never a favorite to win. She was also against a heavy favorite, Josh Blue. Was there any doubt he wasn't going to win? I mean I know there has been a lot of random decisons but I think what's helping Iliza is they pick a winner from 5 people. She's riding off the momentum of the previous weeks. In Michelle (and Amy's) season, it was a single elimination and I think their sets grew stale.

Iliza also got the pimp spot. In a two hour show, that's a big deal.

your screen name and avatar indicate a willingness to back a strong running horse that doesn't quite win the race, doesn't it?
    Well if you went by the actual raw votes, the result would have been different. I can't help that there was a skewed system

My name is based on the popular youtube video. Go there and search Hott4hill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast