+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7/24 LCS Show Discussion

Re: 7/24 LCS Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by blang;3145263;
    Which brings me to my last point. Is it just me or is this season's material very 'R' or even 'X' rated? Is NBC watching the show? The very last set Papa CJ did was so raunchy they had to bleep most of it.
    We hated that guy from the get-go and still do not understand why they thought it would be a good idea to give him a spot that could have gone to somebody who was actually funny and not just obnoxious and insulting.
    Plus he seemed to have no new material, as his set was the same as when he auditioned, and I'll bet he used the same obnoxious insults at the BB&Beyond challenge, which is probably why they didn't show any of it, and which would explain the other comic's comment that he had severely insulted the audience in that challenge. I am just glad the studio audience sent him home.

Anyone else think it is strange they retired this thread before the show was over, and yet Hell's Kitchen, which has not had a new post and has been over for weeks, is still upo on the main board? FORT, hello!

Yeah, why did they move this thread?! Wth?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3146798;
    Anyone else think it is strange they retired this thread before the show was over
    I don't have the backstage privileges here at the FORT that I did when I was the LCS recapper, but I'd be willing to guess that they moved LCS to the "Shows We Aren't Covering" when this year's intrepid recapper, the wonderful marybethp, realized that she had better things to do than recap a show that few people seemed all that interested in... (It had gotten to the point where no one had participated in a Show Discussion thread until days after the show aired, only to post "Hey, no one posted a Show Discussion thread?" in it.)

As anyone who was here last year knows, I certainly understand that.

I'm just happy that there are a few of us left who are, for whatever reason, still watching this show and talking about it...

pg--LCS is a hard show to recap...harder still when it doesn't seem like anyone cares...--seattle

PS--My unexpected disappearance last year wasn't the result of apathy, but a combination of hardware failures and schedule difficulties. I do hope that nothing more serious than any of that caused marybethp to curtail her own LCS recapping this season.

I'm just saying, there are other shows that they do not "retire" even though they have been over with no new posts for weeks, so maybe they should rethink their criteria for keeping a show up on the main board rather than placing a burden on the recappers. (OT: How do you get that recapping job, or any forum job, anyway?)

Not to mention, putting an active show in the dead section makes it very confusing to find. The search doesn't always find them, and before I was clued into this peculiar practice I would naturally look for the shows in the "shows we are not covering" section, which is where logic dictates that they should be moved.

pg, In one of the audition weeks I remember someone writing that they knew Jeff Dye - was that you? I am rooting for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3148946;
    pg, In one of the audition weeks I remember someone writing that they knew Jeff Dye - was that you? I am rooting for him!
    There's a picture of the two of us in the "When We Left Off" thread...

pg--I am, too.--seattle

PS--To Shoepie... I would still argue with you about whether or not most famous stand-up comedians use writers for their stand-up.

Carlin, to my knowledge, never did. Dane Cook doesn't. Brian Regan doesn't. Patton Oswalt doesn't. Chappelle had writers for his tv show, but I don't think he used writers for his stand-up. Eddie Izzard doesn't. Jerry Seinfeld doesn't. Etc.

I know that it used to be the norm for comedians to use writers, and I know that comedians that appear on television regularly will be aided by a staff of writers, but modern stand-up is...at all levels...an art that does expect a performer to be both writer and performer.

(Which is why so many comedians take the "Carlos Mencia steals material" scandal so seriously...)

Good on your mom, though. How exciting must that have been, to have famous people getting laughs with something you'd written!!!

So, pg13, what's your take of the remaining comics? I loved that all had to do their standup, and we got to vote.

Sorry, I just went back and read what pg13 wrote loooong before I asked for it.
    Last edited by famita; 07-30-2008 at 02:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123