+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/17 LCS Show Discussion

Re: 7/17 LCS Show Discussion

Iliza may be twitchy, paranoid, and occasionally pretty rude... but to me she's also been clearly funnier than any of the 4 who have gone home.

Certainly it would be nice to see her take down that punk Ron G. next week, for example, but I suppose it would get harder and harder on her as her material dwindles. Because, at least in terms of reusing stuff, she seems to fall in the Mordal "don't reuse" camp more than the Dat Phan "always reuse" one.

And really, once she gets to the likes of Sean Cullen, Jim Tavare and Marcus... it wouldn't be so easy for her anyway.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I personally don't think Marcus, Louis, or Ron G are even remotely funny. Jeff & Adam are middle road, they either make me laugh or don't.

I personally love Iliza's high energy I would love to see her win this thing. I love how she's not a gimmic and doesn't make jokes about the same thing EVERY SINGLE TIME. She would be a perfect first female winner. Very high energy sets. I think that she definately deserves top 3. Sean & Jim are going to be hard for her to beat, but I think she has the other people whipped.

FORT Newbie

Paul Foot was too nervous to stay focus and Papa CJ needs to get some fresher material to be able to compete in the different environment.
    Iliza.....not really that funny but she won by others completely screwed up.
    Personally, I do like the chance of Jim and Sean. Also it would be funny if that Israeli prop guy would make it to this round, he will likely make a kill for this round of challenge.
    Last edited by MedsOverload; 07-18-2008 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3136379;
    Certainly it would be nice to see her take down that punk Ron G. next week
    Oh yes, please. Not only is he not remotely funny, with a loathesome personality to boot, he was apparently too stupid to catch any of the prior seasons before he tried out. If he had, he would have known that he would be in for some silly and potentially embarrassing stunts and would't have been so petty and bitter about failing so abysmally at something he's never done before.

Personally, while I do find the tasks set to these people to be ridiculous, I am actually impressed by how a few of them, particularly Marcus, Jeff and Sean, made an effort and were fairly successful in their attempts. I also completely understand the discomfort of some of the others and their inability to come up with something funny. The whining and bitterness, though? That I have zero understanding of or respect for.

And yes, for the second week in a row, much to my great surprise, Eliza deserved her win. I loved Paul Foot, but he didn't aquit himself well. And Papa CJ, well, he shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I get so frustrated by the constant need for the women to be twice as good to "prove their worth". For the friggin armchair quarterbacks watching from backstage who have YET to prove for anyone other than their producer buddies why they're there to grace Iliza with "NOW she's cemented herself...as funny" is beyond obnoxious. Yeah, she did your dirty work and sent 4 others home for you...NOW she deserves to be there? What have YOU done?

And Papa CJ with "she has probably exhausted her best material" as he dives in to his EXACT same set ONCE AGAIN. Lame.

....not a feminazi, just a girl who works in media and gets tired of the double standards and simultaneously higher/lower expectations....

Jennifer, I getchya girl! And ITA! Iliza deserves a little respect from these guys because she's still funnier than several who are left. I think she'll have a tough time with Marcus and maybe a couple of others, but I want to see her in at least the final 4. Ultimately, Iliza winning would be a great thing!

On the other hand, I don't get the fascination with some of the comics this season. Why is Sean funny? He gets up on stage and yells at the audience. Both my hubby and I were watching last night, trying to figure out what exactly is funny about being yelled at. I just don't get it.

I agree that I don't like Ron G's attitude either. He acts like he's above this competition, and I really hope that the audience is picking up on that so that when we vote, we can send him the message.

I liked Papa CJ at first, but his set last night was just plain offensive....and the parts that weren't offensive were repetitive from his previous sets. Glad he's gone. And Foot, I never really understood why he was there in the first place, so I'm glad he's gone too.

I thought she was clearly the funniest comic this week. I was disappointed in Papa jerk-I thought he was just crude from the middle to the end of what we were shown. I think a lot of the audience was laughing out of embarrassment. I couldn't even laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTVchick;3136584;
    I get so frustrated by the constant need for the women to be twice as good to "prove their worth". For the friggin armchair quarterbacks watching from backstage who have YET to prove for anyone other than their producer buddies why they're there to grace Iliza with "NOW she's cemented herself...as funny" is beyond obnoxious. Yeah, she did your dirty work and sent 4 others home for you...NOW she deserves to be there? What have YOU done?
    I couldn't agree more. What have they done thus far? They went through the same try out process that she went through and that is IT!!! They really annoyed me last night.
    Last edited by missamyh; 07-18-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: qoute didn't come out right
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Well what an interesting night on LCS? Prop comedy is hard, but I did like what Jeff Dye came up with. Maybe I underestimated him. I think the two weakest comics left last night. Papa CJ .......... he repeated material(Just Like Dat Phan), but it backfired didn't it. Paul Foot.....Boy did he ever bomb. Iliza didn't probably give her strongest performance, but it was better than the other two. She repeated jokes as well, she had previously done the giving up drinking bit before, but it worked in her favor tonight. I think she did have home court advantage. I know she will have problems if she goes up against stronger comics. Ron G. I don't know why he made it in the first place. I don't find him funny at all.

Overall I just don't think we are seeing the highest caliber of comedians that are out there. As far as women go I liked Jackie Kirshan in the try out's. From past season's I think Kathleen Madigan was one of the best female comics I had seen in years.

It looks like next week everybody starts performing, and we started voting. I hope we see some really good standup.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

I'm really glad that Papa CJ and Paul Foot are gone. Hopefully Ron G is next.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast