+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/17 LCS Show Discussion

Premium Member

Re: 7/17 LCS Show Discussion

well Iliza is back in the showdown again. Not really surprised.

I thought Iliza was funny and Paul not so much.

Glad to see that a couple people still care about this show! I'm a bit behind one my DVR, but Paul appears to be tanking. I just don't get him! WHY is he here????

I think Iliza was the clear winner, but I guess we'll see...

OMG! I'm right at the end of Papa CJ....he's just offensive tonight. I was a bit worried at the beginning of his set (I'm pulling for Iliza) but he just totally lost the audience.

Premium Member

So who won the showdown? I missed it.

Paul eliminated first, then with 62% of the vote, the winner is Iliza!

ETA: By the way, the previews for next week show the comics visiting the Playboy mansion and their challenge has something to do with the Girls Next Door sitting on a bed and comics maybe trying to make them laugh with bedroom comedy??? I don't know for sure, but all I could think was that this challenge is definitely not going to favor Iliza.

Also, next week, something about the TV audience taking over. All the remaining finalists were lined up on the stage so maybe we'll get to see them all perform.

Premium Member

Well even though I dislike Iliza she deserved to win the showdown. There is only one girl left so hopefully, even though she isn't my favourite, Iliza will make it to the vote.

LG.

I think that this season the 'weaker' comics are really going home in these earlier rounds, unlike most of the prior seasons. Iliza deserved to win that match up tonight.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Enjoyed seeing this week's episode. I'm glad Papa CJ is gone; his *constant* nattering of Iliza not being funny was... not funny. Furthermore, he was a little too much Dat-Phan for me, repeating *already*. Some of his jokes I've heard thrice now. Bleh!

In Atlanta, I was able to see Adam live about a month ago. VERY high energy set--I was terrified the entire time that he would single us out (it was a smallish crowd on a Sunday night at the Funny Farm in Roswell, GA). No qualms about mocking the audience! He was funny, though, and I honestly laughed so hard I was sore on Monday.

This season, we're rooting for Iliza and Sean Cullen... we also like Jim and Louis. Ron G. rubs us the wrong way a bit, and Adam reminds me of all the frat guys I've ever met (not a plus). Anyway, we're watching.

We also saw Mary Mack just a week ago live, same stage (Friday night, her second show). She was low-key and VERY funny. We enjoyed her set greatly and were rather sad that she hadn't made it further in the competition. She reminds me just a tad of Emo Phillips and even Paul Foot--in a good way, I mean--she has that oddball humor.

I will say that LCS has my husband and me going to live comedy now, so in that respect, we are their success. We've watched since season one (I would kill someone, probably my husband, to see Dave Mordal live--which would be rather convenient, as then I would be single), but it was only this year that we actually went to a local comedy club. Matt Kirshen (wonderfully funny, perfectly timed) was the first comedian we saw, and since then, we've seen Emo Phillips (incredibly funny, slightly bitter after his divorce, totally professional) and Ty Barnett (also pretty dang funny, great audience interaction).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast