+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/10 LCS Show Discussion

7/10 LCS Show Discussion

Seems like we get the comics living in a "House" again. Let's see if that works out as well as it did the first time!

Enjoy the show tonight and please keep all spoiler information in this thread until 1:00 a.m. Eastern.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: 7/10 LCS Show Discussion

Okay, so they ran the show an hour earlier in Canada so I'll just say that I'm glad they're back in the house. I know it shouldn't be the focus of a talent based program, but I really enjoy watching comics interact - it's generally more interesting than watching, say, a bunch of model/actors interact.

Any I'll give one opinion before I hit the sack. Still don't find Ron G funny, and now I also think he's a D-bag.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I like that they are back in the house, too. The interaction is a big part of the entertainment value for me.

And, is it wrong that I would love to have that calendar.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Nope, not wrong at all. I was wondering to myself if they were actually going to produce it, and where I could buy one - much more interesting than the milk marketing board calendar I usually put up at my desk. I particularly liked Marcus and Paul Foot, the elephant god.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member

well its Esther Ku that was picked as the one everyone thought they could beat and she picked Ilsa, and God's Pottery to go up against in the showdown.

Premium Member

first comic eliminated-God's Pottery
    2nd comic eliminated-Esther Ku
    safe and returns to the house-Ilsa won 68% of the audience vote

Tonite I lost all respect for Ilsa. I was so upset by her sliminess, I couldn't even laugh at her jokes. I hope she loses. She doesn't deserve to be the first female to win, if she has to do it by being a snake.

Loved God's Pottery. Hope they get lots of gigs.

FORT Newbie

i agree with lonevoice. i was really disappointed to find out what kind of person Ilisa is. She only won the showdown because God's Pottery are maybe too alternative and not to everyone's taste, as with Ku's asian comedy.

And right after Ku's set, one of the guys said how it's all about asian things, asian guys, chopsticks, blah blah blah... But you see white people talking about white guys, white things and don't think it's weird or too much...

i think there's too much asian stereotypes going badly for Ku. She was pretty funny tonight.

I agree that Iliza was unnecessarily harsh towards Esther tonight. I won't miss Esther, however, and Iliza was much funnier than she was. But I am especially glad to see God's Pottery go. I think their schtick, while funny at first, was getting old, and it somehow didn't seem fair for them to compete and be judged by different standards than the rest of the group. I wouldn't mind seeing them in a sketch comedy show, but it was not right for stand-up, IMO. I thought it was a good comparison when Adam (I think) said it was like competing against Borat.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I taped the show earlier and just finished watching it. I think the audience finally got it right. I truly think that Iliza was the best comedian tonight. This was her best performance, thus far. God's pottery is a one trick pony and watching them was making me sick to my stomach. Just more of the same thing with them. But I thought the audience would fall for it. I don't have much to say about KU other than I couldn't believe that she even made it past the first round. I guess that's just me.
    As far as Iliza's comments about KU, well, we have said it for years on this forum, this show is not called "the nicest comic standing", this is a competition. I personally couldn't stand her laugh either, It sounded likes nails on a chalk board. It didn't help that they kept showing clips of her laugh every few minutes either. So you could kinda tell the way the show was going. I wasn't surprised when she was picked at all.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast