+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6/19 LCS Show Discussion

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

6/19 LCS Show Discussion

Hey everyone - enjoy the show tonight and please keep all spoiler information in this thread until 1:00 a.m. Eastern.

Last night of auditions!! Next week we start semis!

Re: 6/19 LCS Show Discussion

I guess I'm the only one watching this show. Oh well, gonna post my mini-thought before I hit the sack. Woo hoo, my two favourite international comics made it through - Paul Foot (I'm not sure why the two judges didn't get him - he didn't really seem to be overly oblique), and the Israeli prop comic. I don't ordinarily care much for prop comedy, but I generally found him to be amusing, and I laughed quite hysterically at his impression of a man copulating with a bat. I know I'm going to do that when I'm drunk some night.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

I watch this show every week, wouldn't miss it. Last night was the best audition show to date. I liked Paul Foot, very much. There were others I appreciated too, but whose names escape me at the moment. Good show. Doing the bat was priceless, though I do not like prop comedy.

Thanks for not leaving me to swing alone, shoepie .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3068076;
    I guess I'm the only one watching this show. Oh well, gonna post my mini-thought before I hit the sack. Woo hoo, my two favourite international comics made it through - Paul Foot (I'm not sure why the two judges didn't get him - he didn't really seem to be overly oblique), and the Israeli prop comic. I don't ordinarily care much for prop comedy, but I generally found him to be amusing, and I laughed quite hysterically at his impression of a man copulating with a bat. I know I'm going to do that when I'm drunk some night.
    I always watch this show, when my DVR doesn't black out on me.
    Thanks for giving me a clue about why those two went through to the next round. I could not imagine anyone thinking they were funnier than some of the ones who didn't make it, but I guess some people actually do like them. We were imagining some kind of set up where some of those acts had already been "booked" on the show prior to the "judging."

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i liked Paul Foot a lot. I do wish the French guy had made it, I thought he was funny.

I was glad the guy from India (Papa CJ? I think was his name) made it & the Muslim woman (her name is totally escaping me). I thought they were hilarious!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3069812;
    i liked Paul Foot a lot. I do wish the French guy had made it, I thought he was funny.

The main problem with that french guy and french people in general is that you should never wear a sport coat without a shirt unless you are a stripper
    People who want to be equal's lives are filled with subtractions and auditions
    Marilyn Manson-Doppelhurz

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3070276;
    I was glad the guy from India (Papa CJ? I think was his name) made it & the Muslim woman (her name is totally escaping me). I thought they were hilarious!
    The muslim woman was great! Her timing, delivery, and jokes were awesome. I also think the British hostess on the show is funny. At first I did not know why she was on the show, but now I like her.

The guy from India was a stinker. His "jokes" were NOT funny AT ALL, imo, and I felt he took a space that could have gone to someone better, like the British guy who looks like the gay woman who auditioned in Tempe this year, or the Irish woman. Even the bearded twins made me laugh. But the Indian guy just offended me with some of the crap he was saying, and it was worse that he was obviously drawing on commonly held assumptions among his people. So crude.

We really considered whether they took some less funny international people to give the Americans a better chance of winning.

LG.

I was happy that Paul Foot made it through the semi-finals, but was pretty disappointed with the rest of their choices. God's Pottery - really? They are awful. I'd much rather listen to the stammering short Canadian guy because at least he TOLD JOKES. Uuuugh, those choices suck, and they didn't pick a single woman to move on.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread