+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LCS 5/29 Show Discussion *spoilers*

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

LCS 5/29 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Hi! Please keep all discussions of tonight's show in this thread until 1:00 a.m. EDT.

Thanks and enjoy the show!

FORT Fogey

Re: LCS 5/29 Show Discussion *spoilers*

There were some talented comics in Houston and they take only two?! I like the woman but there were FAR better comics than the guy they chose, his name escapes me at the moment. When I first saw the self check out at Stop and Shop I came home and said the exact same thing he did, almost verbatim. It is obvious and not funny.

Why go through this audition process if they already have their roster? They are going to end up with another season like last year. Lavell? Roz?

Again, I am very disappointed in this show.

Did you hear Chris Voth is no longer a semi-finalist? It's
    all hear at his site: Chris Voth: Home
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

That is really sorry! So they cut 16 of the 46 finalists? So why didn't they just do 30 finalists to begin with? That's really crappy.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3029883;
    There were some talented comics in Houston and they take only two?! I like the woman but there were FAR better comics than the guy they chose, his name escapes me at the moment. When I first saw the self check out at Stop and Shop I came home and said the exact same thing he did, almost verbatim. It is obvious and not funny.

Why go through this audition process if they already have their roster? They are going to end up with another season like last year. Lavell? Roz?

Again, I am very disappointed in this show.
    I could not agree with you more! I was shocked that only 2 went through & I thought the ones they picked weren't even the 2 best ones.

So far, this season is a letdown. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

I am very disappointed with this years selections. I agree that there were far more funnier folks in Houston that in some other cities.

I can say this again...but it's just me beating my head against the wall until it bleeds.

There is absolutely NO WAY to watch these audition shows, as they are edited for broadcast, and have ANY idea, as a viewer, who is actually funny and who isn't.

Hell, there's no way that the AUDITION PROCESS ITSELF (never mind how it is later edited for television) actually shows who is actually funny and who isn't...

As has been mentioned above...on every audition show you see on the televised show, they'd actually given out more red envelopes out than they've chosen to show. This is done for casting reasons...as this is a television show FIRST...and a comedy competition...well, I don't even know how far down it is...third or fourth at least.

After six seasons of this, we should all just accept that this show doesn't really start until they pick the 10-12 people from the semi-finals show. ...and even then, you don't REALLY get a good look at their comedy until they go to the "America Votes" part of the season...

...and even then, you don't know how these performers would do as the headliner who can command the stage to do a solid hour of funny.

So...relax everyone. Like who you like, dislike who you dislike and know that this show can crunch all they want, there's plenty more...

pg--I'm pretty sure that the funniest thing about me is NOT that a curtain rod can fall on me.--seattle
    Last edited by pg13; 06-11-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: failure to realize a point had already been made in this discussion.

+ Reply to Thread