+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCS Premiere 5/22 - Discussion Thread

LCS Premiere 5/22 - Discussion Thread

So...anyone watch it last night?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Re: LCS Premiere 5/22 - Discussion Thread

I did and one of the guys that made it through from Tempe is a local, Marcus. He covers for the specials reporter on the local Fox station. He is quite funny, I hope he goes far.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I wanted to but forgot to record it in all my excitement over SYTYCD starting back up. Was it any good? I haven't been able to get behind this show in a couple of seasons because my favs never make it to the house.

Going to go look for when it airs again, any stand outs to keep an eye out for?

I thought it was okay, but at this point it was just another audition show. The two that stood out for me (because I still remember them this morning ) were the AA guy who was talking about how he liked to stand out in front of tanning salons and scream and the twins - they were bizarre to listen to, but definitely not like anything I have heard before. That pair that portrayed the Christian singers were pretty funny, but it seems like their schtick could wear thin rather quickly. Oh, I also like the Korean girl - her delivery seemed a little awkward at times, but I think she has potential.

Helping out however I can here...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3018658;
    guy who was talking about how he liked to stand out in front of tanning salons and scream
    That's Louis Ramey. He's this year's Ralph Harris--in that he's a pro who has had some success in the past (Louis has had his own Comedy Central Presents) but could use the additional boost that this show might give him. I'm a big fan of Louis Ramey--but I've read some criticism that he's kept to pretty much the same "act" for a few too many years now.

the twins - they were bizarre to listen to, but definitely not like anything I have heard before.
    That's Stone & Stone. They've done some ads for Verizon. I've had some friends compare them to the Sklar Brothers--but I think any time you have twins doing "close duo" work, you're going to get comparisons to the Sklar Brothers.

This was going to be an interesting year, as the new producers of the show made it very clear that they were not only willing to consider a comedy "group" but they actively sought them out. I thought that would mean "another year of 'no house on LCS'--but, as I've already shared here...THERE'S A HOUSE AGAIN THIS YEAR.

That pair that portrayed the Christian singers were pretty funny, but it seems like their schtick could wear thin rather quickly.
    That's God's Pottery. I'm a BIG fan of GP. They were featured on the "Invite Them Up" CD/DVD that ComedyCentral put out a couple of years ago.

There is an EXCELLENT story about God's Pottery and Creed's Scott Stapp...and how appearances by both of them at a radio station overlapped a bit. Scott was angry at first, as he thought that God's Pottery were making fun of Christianity...and Stapp just isn't about to allow fun to be made of that. He threatened to punch 'em! Then, because God's Pottery never break character, Stapp swung around and came to believe that they MEANT IT...that they were actually incredibly sincere...to the point where Scott joins in with them on the show...

Here's a photo from that fateful meeting:

Oh, I also like the Korean girl - her delivery seemed a little awkward at times, but I think she has potential.
    That's Esther Ku. A bunch of my New York friends have said very good things about Esther...but I don't remember seeing her before this show.

pg--seattle

PS--I have to admit that I didn't notice it myself (and I'm kicking myself for that)--but, I read this rumor...that another MTV Road Rules veteran got some major Last Comic Standing airtime last night (just as Theo "The Last Comic Downloaded" Von did...and, I should say, I got to meet Theo when he came to do comedy in Seattle...and he's a really nice guy, very funny...and he's definitely in the right mind set to learn this business the right way...while taking advantage of the acceleration that his previous television experience offered him.) DID ANY OF YOU REALITY TV SHOW FANS RECOGNIZE WHO THAT ROAD RULES VETERAN WAS???

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

my daughter watches road rules and i should have had her watch ... i'm sure she would have picked the person out immediately.

Thx pg13!!! There is NO WAY I could have remembered those names!!
    That story about God's Pottery is pretty funny. While I was watching the show I was wondering if they ever break character because they did not during the air time they got last night. I wonder if they will be the same for the entire season if they get into the house? I guess if they have been at this for a while, they must be used to it...

A while ago my older kids latched onto some viral Internet videos of this guy who does a lot of videos as different characters. Evidently he has been doing his character "Kelly" as an opener for Margaret Cho. I was thinking last night that he might be a funny addition to this show. Haven't seen his stand-up act so I have no idea if it is the kind of thing he is into, but it would make for an interesting story...looked it up, his name is Liam Kyle Sullivan.

No help here on the Road Rules person. I have never watched that show...

Well, for those of you curious about the mystery LCS/Road Rules'r...

Here's a photo:

Posting the sole opinion I had about last night's show (I've been out all day) - I am glad, glad, glad that Dan Naturman is back. I remember when he was on before, I think a couple of years back, and being incredibly surprised when he didn't make it through. I thought he was absolutely the funniest person of his season, whichever one it was.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

LG.

I thought the Tempe judges were much nicer to the contestants than the NY judges. Personally I was disappointed that God's Clay went through, as I was tired of their act already. I think they spend way too much time on walk-ins in stupid costumes, but they are trying to do the impossible. They're tring to make this show into American Idol: Comedy. What they do not seem to understand is that bad singing can be funny, but bad comedy is not singing. It's just pathetic.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast