+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LCS Premiere 5/22 - Discussion Thread

Re: LCS Premiere 5/22 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3019632;
    I thought the Tempe judges were much nicer to the contestants than the NY judges. Personally I was disappointed that God's Clay went through, as I was tired of their act already. I think they spend way too much time on walk-ins in stupid costumes, but they are trying to do the impossible. They're tring to make this show into American Idol: Comedy. What they do not seem to understand is that bad singing can be funny, but bad comedy is not singing. It's just pathetic.
    They really are a "One Trick Pony". I'm tired of them already.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;3018778;

That's Louis Ramey. He's this year's Ralph Harris--in that he's a pro who has had some success in the past (Louis has had his own Comedy Central Presents) but could use the additional boost that this show might give him. I'm a big fan of Louis Ramey--but I've read some criticism that he's kept to pretty much the same "act" for a few too many years now.
    I thought he was very, very funny so I was glad to see him advance. That tanning salon bit was hysterical.

Another guy I liked was the one who started talking like Gilbert Godfried and someone else during his act. I don't recall his name, but he also got advanced to the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3020948;
    Another guy I liked was the one who started talking like Gilbert...
    That would be Marcus. He's from the Salt Lake City area. He used to be the lead singer in a rock band before taking his gift for doing voices to the comedy stage.

He won the most recent Seattle International Comedy Competition...and he used some of the prize money to get more tattoos.

I understand that Marcus will continue to be a polarizing figure in this year's show. Whatever you think about his comedy--I happen to know him, personally, as a good guy...and he works his ass off to entertain people while he's on stage.

(And he already knows what my criticism of his act is...)

pg--seattle

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;3022200;
    That would be Marcus. He's from the Salt Lake City area. He used to be the lead singer in a rock band before taking his gift for doing voices to the comedy stage.

He won the most recent Seattle International Comedy Competition...and he used some of the prize money to get more tattoos.

I understand that Marcus will continue to be a polarizing figure in this year's show. Whatever you think about his comedy--I happen to know him, personally, as a good guy...and he works his ass off to entertain people while he's on stage.

(And he already knows what my criticism of his act is...)

pg--seattle
    Marcus, polarizing? No way. He is my favorite right now.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Alrighty...two things: 1. Was I the only one who actually thought the dude dressed up as an alien was funny? I mean...I was kinda dissapointed they didn't even give him a callback. They gave Mel Silverback one last season and he was dressed up as a gorilla and he wasn't all that funny....

2. Probably not the place for this, but...why not? Earlier this year, during my trip to vegas with my family, guess who I saw live, met in person, hugged, got a picture with, and then got an autographed shirt from? The one and only...Josh FRICKIN' Blue!!!

Are you talking about the guy who scared the judge? I thought he was dressed as a devil? Well if that's the same guy, I thought he was funny too. Funnier than the gorilla guy for sure.

I didn't care for the Christian singers either. Same for the twins. Ugh how annoying they became. I think the guy who does impressions is awesome.

Cute pic. of you and Josh!

Gods Pottery and Stone & Stone were annoying as all heck. I can't imagine actually sitting through a whole show with them.

I loved the guy who did the impressions, he had me laughing.

Louis Ramey is another I really liked, Esther Ku as well.

I'm pleasantly surprised with this season so far.

So I noticed during the recap of this episone on TV, that scary alien guy looked kinda like Darth Vador or something. Not sure where I got the devil from! What was I smokin?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12