+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: When we last left off...

When we last left off...

Sheepish greetings FORTskateers!

When we last left off, the fifth season of Last Comic Standing was dragging on rather interminably...with hardly anyone caring much about it. I was doing my best to give you guys the comprehensive coverage that the show clearly didn't deserve when my computer melted down. I went on taping the show, intending to catch up on my reports while I was on my own comedy tour of the Upper Midwest (LaCrosse Wisconsin with Season 2 hopeful Jim Wiggins was a particular highlight!) but that didn't happen... And then, when I got home, I immediately got wrapped up in helping to produce the Seattle International Comedy Competition which took me a month... And then, my own comedy career really took off--I started headlining some rooms and I was definitely working more...

...and worse, I felt like I'd let all you guys and gals here on the FORT down...and I was frightened to come back here and show my face for having just dropped the ball on my LCS coverage.

I'm sorry.

So, I'm not sure if I'm welcome back here or not...but I'd like to share some info with you.

After years of kvetching about this show ever since the first season from the outside looking in (despite my getting to know more than a few people who have made it on the show)--I was given an interesting opportunity this year.

I was given a guaranteed "no-waiting in line" audition for this year's Last Comic Standing.

It just happened this past weekend in San Francisco.

I took the stage in fear of being shut down after my first line, I shook Bill Bellamy's hand, I took my turn in the "I Know I'm Funnier Than..." booth.

And I might actually make the show--although, not in the way that I might have hoped.

Better yet...I've got a couple of friends who will DEFINITELY be seen...and definitely in the way that we all hoped.

I don't know if there's anyone here still interested--and I don't know if I can be forgiven for having just absolutely disappeared the way I did last fall...but if you need someone to answer some questions about the show...having seen it from both sides now...I'd be honored to share some stories and answer some questions with the fine people of the FORT.

pg--seattle

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Re: When we last left off...

PG -- I loved your recaps and inside look at the show... the show itself has gotten progressively worse, but your insights were great, and I looked forward to reading your review each week.

So, what happened? How are you to be involved?
    Could does not mean should

I enjoyed your recaps as well and hope they continue. As far as you disappearing...I think most people understand that sometimes life becomes busier than you expected and you aren't able to juggle as many things as before. I'm sure there was no damage done!

pg13, of course you're welcome back. Personally, I'm not mad at you for disappearing. I just assumed that you had faded away much like my interest in this show does every season. But once again, I will be watching with great interest, and reading your insights with even greater interest.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

As long as Ant is nowhere near the show this time... I'll be there.

If he is? I'll have to think hard on it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Ohhh Ditto Krom...

Welcome back PG!!! I absolutely LOVE your recaps and look forward to your 'insider' info

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

The show is slated to return on May 22nd.

There IS a HOUSE again this year...

And, Krom, as far as I know...and I admit, what I know goes for certain goes only up to the point of picking the ten performers who made it to the house...there is no ANT.

pg--and if I'm to be in the show at all, I'll either be in the montage of things that happened during the San Francisco auditions...or in the bloopers montage on the final recap show...again, not really the way I'd hoped to have been on the show--seattle

PS--I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told that a friend of mine who now makes the Seattle comedy scene his home is in the ads for LCS. His name is Jesse Case and he's a fuzzy thing, recently from Nashville. He was directly in front of me in line for auditioning in San Francisco...at 9am. More on that, perhaps, later on...

Welcome back pg13 ... you know we love ya!

Now I'm really looking forward to the extras you can throw in as we watch.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2977720;
    There IS a HOUSE again this year.
    Yay!!!

A real, honest to goodness house? And no Ant? Whoohee!

My interest, which took a major dive last year (esp after Doug was eliminated), is back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast