+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

9/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until 1:00am Eastern.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Re: 9/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Omg. it's only just after 5 here -- 3 more hours before I can see it! I hope they make me laugh tonight.

I guess I got a little ahead. The first hour is a repeat of last week's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2570226;
    I guess I got a little ahead. The first hour is a repeat of last week's show.
    That's OK. People can enjoy the review show. It's all good. (especially since it won't be on here for a couple of hours)

I'm clearly missing something where Lavell is concerned because I never find him as funny as the audiences seem to.
    I don't think anyone lit up the stage in the one liners competition, but Lavell told the same joke that Gerry told (i.e seeing people naked is a good form of contraception) and he tried to follow up on Jon's 'midget' joke (Ugh, nice choice of word there, Jon) in a way that made very little sense to me, yet the audience loved it.

I like that Gerry did the knock knock thing with him, basically imo calling him out for saying the same jokes as the other comics.
    It came off to ,e as if he was saying ,"instead of telling the joke after us, how about you actually make one up yourself?"
    They had 24 hours to come up with one-liners and all three of them told jokes I'd heard before.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2570361;
    I'm clearly missing something where Lavell is concerned because I never find him as funny as the audiences seem to.
    I don't think anyone lit up the stage in the one liners competition, but Lavell told the same joke that Gerry told (i.e seeing people naked is a good form of contraception) and he tried to follow up on Jon's 'midget' joke (Ugh, nice choice of word there, Jon) in a way that made very little sense to me, yet the audience loved it.

I like that Gerry did the knock knock thing with him, basically imo calling him out for saying the same jokes as the other comics.
    It came off to ,e as if he was saying ,"instead of telling the joke after us, how about you actually make one up yourself?"
    They had 24 hours to come up with one-liners and all three of them told jokes I'd heard before.
    I agree, I always wonder what drugs they are on when they laugh so loudly at Lavell.

I guess Gerry is going home tonight...
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I think he must be, sukee.
    I think it's a great shame if he is because he's been the funniest since the show switched to this format, imo.
    I felt the same about Ty Barnett last season.
    Nowhere to be seen in the early stages, but came on very strong in the final five.
    I don't think Gerry is a strong as Ty was, (he was robbed last season imo. Head and shoulders above everyone else for me.) but he has come into his own since being able to do these longer sets.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh well, Gerry didn't make he final two.
    Can't say I'm surprised as the public seems to be very fond of Lavell.
    This is my least favourite final two as far as their comedic skills are concerned.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Once again I'm shaking my head at the general public. Really? Lavelle? Why?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I turned the show off after the second teaser. I assume I missed Jon Reep making jokes about Hickory, and Lavell making jokes about his weight.

Get some new material guys!

Last Comic Standing always eliminates the best comedians first and leaves the rest for the final shows. I would gladly take some of the rejected Australian comics over a Ralph Harris any day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast