+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Once again this week Lavelle took forever to get to the punchline of one of his jokes and when he did finally make it, I didn't laugh but the audience lapped it up.
    I guess I just don't get him.
    Either that or there is some tricky editing going on...or both.
    "That's Numberwang!"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I thought he was funnier this week, but after his last two weeks, it's not saying much.

If I had a pick a winner from the two sets tonight... I would say Lavelle .

UGH! Did I just say that? Shoot me now. I'd just skip the finale but my husband usually watches, and the computer is in the same room, so I guess I'll just watch Lavelle join the ranks of the Last (notfunny)Comics Standing next week.

We just got home and hubby is watching something else. So I logged onto their website to see if I needed to vote, only to find out that my least favorites of the final four are the only ones still left. Why bother.

All I can say is thank you all for validating my feeling that Lavelle is NOT funny on all these posts tonight. It is like this forum is our little support group when we cannot understand what the rest of "America" finds funny.

I started watching this morning from the DVR, and the one-liners sucked. Many grade school jokes.

It seemed to me Lavelle has the Ruben Studdard phenomenon. A female of that size would never make it to the final rounds of anything, methinks

I was so disappointed when Gerry was kicked off. I can't stand Jon and his stupid head shaking and I don't think Lavell is very funny, nor can I even understand him most of the time. Sigh...

Did anyone else notice that in last week's episode when they returned to their former jobs, Jon's boss was funnier than he was?
    Last edited by CAdreamin; 09-13-2007 at 11:03 AM.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I liked Jon last night. I did not like or "get" Lavelle at all. I was looking forward to seeing Jon and Gerry (I can't believe I just wrote that!). So, I guess I'm really looking forward to next season!

Up until last night, I did not like Jon at all. I would have preferred Gerry over Lavelle. Lavelle has made me laugh a couple of times, but I truly prefer Gerry. Last night, though, Jon did crack me up with the snoring in church joke. I guess I am rooting for him now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2570945;
    I started watching this morning from the DVR, and the one-liners sucked. Many grade school jokes.

It seemed to me Lavelle has the Ruben Studdard phenomenon. A female of that size would never make it to the final rounds of anything, methinks

Well the Glamazons made it pretty far on America's Got Talent. I think people like seeing everyday looking average people, but Hollywood thinks we would rather see stick thin models all the time.

FORT Newbie

I've been a big fan of Jon Reep since before the show started. I saw him do a comedy central special several months ago and I hadn't laughed that hard in awhile. I was very excited to see he was on the show. I enjoy his type of "funny". He seems to put physical and silly comedy together well.

Lavelle is funny, but really hard to understand. He also takes a long time to get to the punch line. I totally don't get why he seems to be so popular with the audience. I agree it is the Rueben Studdard phenomenon all over again!

Gerry was funny, but to me, he lacked personality. He has a blaise blah voice. I do think he is funnier than Lavelle, hands down.

Jon should have won the one-liners, Gerry close second.

JON HAS MY VOTE!

I absoluty love Larvell. Diet Soda? Yeah you heard me Diet lol
    And now he's wrapped around her finger,
    She's the center of his whole world.
    And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast