+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Re: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think we should start voting at the Top 10 point. At that point, on a comedy show where it's so subjective (like AI is supposed to be ) the judges have had their say. They could do a Top 20 based on the judges' picks at auditions, use their cheesy challenges to whittle that down to ten, and then let us pick (snort!)...

I have been having a brain fart that lasted about 5 months or something, in that I couldn't remember my goddarn password for the life of me. I've been a lurker, and everything I wanted to say on all the forums I frequent remained trapped inside. Letting some out now, for anyone who'd like to read:

Sooooo, going back to the auditions, I felt that there were funny people that did not make it to the nightly live performance in their cities, but I won't count those. Out of those who performed live in their cities, but weren't chosen to go on in the competition, I felt a lot of good comedians were left standing on the wrong side of the stage while some not-so good were celebrating their good fortune on the other side. So for me, I was already disappointed, even at this early stage, but I had enough good laughs at the remaining people to see a few good eggs in this dropped basket of a show that we were left with.

Helooooooo! Sabrina Matthews!!!!!!!!! Funnier in one set than all the jokes of all the comedian's sets all season!

When we got to the semis (or whatever the heck they're called) I saw a lot of the ones that I liked enough to continue to watch the show fall by the wayside, while the unfunny or intolerable remained in the game. With the exception of Doug, Matt and Amy (all gone now) I didn't particularly like any of them on any sort of consistent basis. I could forgive a bad set one night but still like a comedian, I'm talking about I liked most of these folks one joke of one night out of 5 nights. But, pg's recaps keep me watching. I do love and support live comedy, and would love the gift of the cajones to perform myself. The Last Comic Standing enterprise is really testing my patience, though!

I can tolerate Lavell winning, but I am getting irked when his laughter over his own joke is stretching across so many beats, that he could have gotten a tag, or another whole joke in! The sets are so short to begin with, maybe his other bits are too long?

Gerry Dee: I started out not really liking him (based on nothing, really, even with all his auditions on each season, I still felt like I never saw him perform so don't know what I was basing that on), but have liked his sets a lot the past two weeks. I cracked up (the only real laugh I enjoyed last night, otherwise, not a peep out of me) when he imitated the caretaker of the upset drunk girl: "I don't know, I didn't see, I was dancing"..... that was great.

Jon Reep: I don't get it. It isn't that I don't like his brand of humor, because I do. I just don't like his own product within his brand.

I liked Amy a whole lot. I liked her brand of humor, just felt she needed a little spit-polish here and there, but as a self-professed newbie, of course she did. In any other season, I'd say maybe a fourth-place finish would have been out of her reach but with this season, I think she could have even made the final two. I think America, like I did, was turned off by the harping on about "women in comedy at a disadvantage" over and over. Even if I felt it were true (which I don't) I would have been so annoyed by all the mentions of it.

v
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 09-06-2007 at 06:21 PM.
    Could does not mean should

I think that "I know I'm better than...." thing they do almost ensures that the worst will come out on top. Seemed to me that they all targeted the best comics in an attempt to take them out and then what was left was the worst or the middle of the pack. I think they should get rid of that and just let the audience vote from the beginning (once they get their initial group) and then have the bottom three from the weekly votes have the stand off with the audience voting the winner from that.

Helooooooo! Sabrina Matthews!!!!!!!!! Funnier in one set than all the jokes of all the comedian's sets all season!
    No doubt.....

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I enjoyed Sabrina also. I wonder what it would have been like with her in the mix?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123