+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

CCL

Re: 9/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I thought it was stupid of them to waste the first half hour on Harlan Williams and Josh Blue. They should have spent it on this year's crop, expanding their sets.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2559548;
    I thought it was stupid of them to waste the first half hour on Harlan Williams and Josh Blue. They should have spent it on this year's crop, expanding their sets.

If you want to see more of this group, that's good for you, but frankly I'd rather them waste 45 minutes on Harlan & Josh.

Gerry was back to his usual sucking, but I thought Lavelle was much better than last week. I've always liked him. He's been my favorite since Day 1 (or whenever he first appeared).

But blahhhhhh, what a horrible top 10, wasn't it?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I liked Josh and am still stuck on the Doug Benson love from last week

I actually don't hate Gerry as much as everyone else. I think he's better now than he was in the auditions. He's likable. Jon Reep is a certain "brand" of humor I just don't subscribe to, but I'm sure he's great in some eyes.

I just think Lavelle is HIDEOUS. His timing is off, he's hard to look at (and not really because he's big - it's his conehead and bulging eyes that throw me off) and his subject matter just isn't funny.

Oh well - this show is getting worse every year. They lost something along the way.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I agree that Josh was the highlight of the evening. I wasn't able to watch last week, but I would have liked to see Amy perform most of all. I was completely underwhelmed by the three remainingbut I liked Reep most of all. I guess that means I have lowbrow humor.

I guess I am alone in who I like the best.
    I really like Jon Reep.
    I thought he was the funniest last night of the final three.
    I don't care for Jerry at all and I hope he doesn't win.
    I hope Jon wins. I think he is best one.
    JMO
    Curly

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2559643;
    I just think Lavelle is HIDEOUS. His timing is off, he's hard to look at (and not really because he's big - it's his conehead and bulging eyes that throw me off) and his subject matter just isn't funny.

I couldn't agree more. I'm still not getting what is funny about Lavelle. The only decent joke he had last night was "I got the sugah" (though I think it's been done before). I went in for a chest cold and got a rectal. That's funny still? After all the times it's been used? Geez, I just don't get it.

Dee was ok, though the drinking/driving stuff was a little lame. :nono

Reep's jokes are a bit done, but at least he adds a measure of physical comedy to his act, so it can be funny for that.

Oh well - this show is getting worse every year. They lost something along the way.
    They NEED to let the world vote before it gets to the five (maybe the top 12 or something) so the comics don't get a chance to get rid of the best.
    I miss Matt, and Debra.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair;2559690;
    I guess I am alone in who I like the best.
    I really like Jon Reep.
    I thought he was the funniest last night of the final three.
    I don't care for Jerry at all and I hope he doesn't win.
    I hope Jon wins. I think he is best one.
    JMO
    Curly

Don't worry, you're not. I thought Jon Reep's bit last night was the best - well mostly the story about his father shooting the bed.
    I did like Gerry the last 2 week but not as much last night.
    I really liked Lavelle at the beginning but now, I'm finding him hard to understand and he spends too much time laughing at his own jokes. It's getting a little annoying.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I almost wish we could vote from the beginning. Our perceptions just might be a little different from what the three judges chose. I think the choices were a little odd this year. And I think every single comic should do a routine each and every week and then let us chose who we want to see.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2559597;
    If you want to see more of this group, that's good for you, but frankly I'd rather them waste 45 minutes on Harlan & Josh.
    Personally I don't think Harlan and Josh were any better than the other three comedians. Josh, in particular, I found creepy. He reminded me of the actor who played Screech on Saved by the Bell and, no, that's not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat
    I miss Matt, and Debra.
    Me, too.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I liked Josh the most, then Harlan, than Lavelle. These aren't my favorite sets, but I'm laughing more than I did a couple seasons ago. Wish Amy was here, though.

Bill Bellamy puts them all to shame though.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast