+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2499561;
    It's the people in the MIDDLE who get screwed. That's why Amy Whatshername will never win this, even if she's hilarious.
    That's too bad, really. She's the only one I thought might have potential during the auditions, and the only one who had a joke I laughed at during the heckling challenge ("I thought I took care of you in college".)

And now that I've seen a bit of Bill Bellamy's act (I may have drifted off before), I don't believe that he's at all funny.

Am I wrong? Are these people not amusing? I know that I laugh on a regular basis, long and loud, so I can find humour in things. I'm just not finding it here.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Gina Yashere - Not so good. The story was gross, too long and too involved.

Dante Nolastname - The "Daddy" joke was a bit too long for too little payoff. It was an alternative to all of the Rev. Jim/DeNiro material, sure, but I doubt its his "A" material. At least I hope its not.

Ralph Harris - I thought this was the best set we've seen from him so far, and also the best of the three sets we saw tonight. I doubted Ralph's place in the final 10, but that wasn't at all bad.

Should stay: Ralph.

Will stay: probably Dante.

EDIT - I was wrong in my guess, but right in my liking. Ralph got 62%.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Nice call, Krom
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

CCL

I liked the heckling challenge.
    Of the final three:
    Gina - I liked her set overall but didn't love it.
    Dante- I found the jokes about his child constantly saying his name annoying. Not annoying in a funny way, just annoying. He also came off as quite arrogant in his demeanour. It was funny to watch him get all steamed when he was trying to heckle Doug Benson and Doug just keep speaking over him.
    Ralph - I found it difficult to understand him when he was using his "child voice." Too screechy. I don't know that the audience was applauding so much for him as praising themselves for being able to follow his rapid-fire delivery of the final monologue. "Ooh, he was speaking really, really fast and we were able to keep up. That must mean it was good. Yay us and yay him!"
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought Ralph was the funniest. Dante went on too long with the Daddy thing. Gina wasn't a bit funny. I thought it was more mean than anything. And not 'funny' mean, either.

The heckling...I thought Amy was pretty funny. I loved the whole 'fetus in the 3rd row' thing.

The next ones I want gone are Reep and Gerry. Those guys are not a bit funny. How in the hell did they make it on this show?

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2504121;
    I thought Ralph was the funniest. Dante went on too long with the Daddy thing. Gina wasn't a bit funny. I thought it was more mean than anything. And not 'funny' mean, either.

The heckling...I thought Amy was pretty funny. I loved the whole 'fetus in the 3rd row' thing.

The next ones I want gone are Reep and Gerry. Those guys are not a bit funny. How in the hell did they make it on this show?
    I agree pretty much entirely with you on everything.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12