+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jon Reep - Season 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Jon Reep - Season 5

Jon Reep
    Los Angeles, CA

"Well good. They got it right."
    - JON REEP upon learning he was a finalist.

Jon Reep is one of the hardest working comics in America, selling out clubs and getting standing ovations at college after college across the country for nearly a decade. His show is supersonic energy filled with non-stop characters, super clever writing, and, of course, the one talent that separates him from all other comedians in the world: He's the best dancer since Elvis.

Born and raised in the furniture capitol of the world Hickory, NC, Jon moved to the metropolis of Raleigh in 1992 to attend North Carolina State University. It was then Jon decided to pursue his career as a stand-up comedian. After getting kicked out of a Carolina Panthers Football game for dancing in the end-zone with the mascot "Sir Purr", Jon started to perform regularly at Charlie Goodnight's Comedy Club. In 1999 Jon was invited as a new face to the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal, Canada. Since then he has been invited back to perform in the best of the fest, club soda, and a Gala with John Cleese.

After moving to Los Angeles in 2000, Jon has been on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend" & the half-hour special "Comedy Central Presents". As well as TBS's "Pit Stop Comedy", NBC's "Late Friday", and the ABC Sitcom "Rodney" as Officer Gerald Bob the dim-witted cop. More recently you might have seen him on CMT's "Comedy Stage" or "Comedy Club." Look for Jon next summer in the feature film Harold & Kumar go to Amsterdam. But most people probably know him best as the loveable redheaded redneck from Dodge's popular ad campaign as the "Hemi guy".
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Jon Reep - Season 5

I hope Jon wins.
    He is from my home state North Carolina.
    Go Jon.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Of the 2 that's left, I know Jon is funner than Lavelle!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Agree with you both! He's is far funnier than Lavelle, and Lavelle is funny! I hope he wins. He's right about Hickory. I flew over it with Google Satellite and there really isn't a whole lot there. It's pretty though.

+ Reply to Thread