+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy Schumer - Season 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Amy Schumer - Season 5

Amy Schumer
    Brooklyn, NY

"I thought, 'This is great! Does this mean I can quit my job sorting mail?'"
    - AMY SCHUMER upon learning she was a finalist.

Amy Schumer is one of the fastest rising comics on the New York scene. Her quick wit and infectious style of comedy has made her a local favorite. Amy is currently one of the finalists on NBC's Last Comic Standing and can be seen regularly on Comedy Central and VH-1. Amy's incredible ability to think on her feet was showcased in her self-produced piece "Chinese New Year", which led to an internet deal with Comedy Central for similar content.

She is an accomplished actress in addition to her comedic abilities. Amy received her BA in theater from Towson University as well as a graduate of William Esper’s two-year Meisner Intensive program. Her portrayal of a young woman recently diagnosed with breast cancer in the off-Broadway show Keeping A Breast was a an incredibly moving and heartwarming performance that received critical acclaim.

"Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey

Re: Amy Schumer - Season 5

For my tastes, she's the funniest of the bunch thus far. The English guy is 2nd. Dante and the big guy are tied for 3rd. Everyone else can go home, IMHO.

Can't believe who they let through and who they turned away. Plus, the way the contestants are eliminated totally stinks. Contestants shouldn't vote for who should go to the show-downs. They eliminate the best first.

I like Amy. I thought her fetus jokes during the heckling competition were great. I hope she can last for awhile.

Yes, 'I thought I took care of you in college.'
    That was very sharp
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Don't count out Amy Schumer!

LG.

Go Amy! She's my favorite in the final 5.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Mine too, LG.
    I think she's very quick witted and I also find her very likeable.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Does anyone know her joke to the nun? I loved it.

FORT Newbie

Amy is definitely my favorite of the bunch. I can't believe how rude some of those other comics were to her.

LG.

lisa, PG13 has a wonder retelling of Amy's joke to the nun in his recap. Here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by pg13 from the show recap
    Ladies and gentlemen, Amy Schumer!

"The other day, I was on the subway and there was this little old woman sitting next to me..." Amy says, in all earnestness...while Sister Rose looks on with such a hopeful "I really want to like you" look on her face. "And out of nowhere, she was like...'Have you heard the good news?' And I was like, no...are Jen and Brad finally getting back together?"

Still, Sister Rose is looking hopefully...

"She was like 'No. Come to the Times Square Church'--because she was trying to save me," Amy explained, "And I said to her, as nice as I could, I'm so sorry...but my people are Jewish. And she said, 'That's ok sweetie, your people just haven't found Jesus yet.'"

And Sister Rose nods, hopefully...still.

"And, Sister, you're going to love this," Amy said, like a Venus Fly Trap luring in a fly, "I said...No, we found Him... Maybe you haven't heard the bad news..."

And it takes a second...but Sister Rose nearly blushes when she gets it... And I'll count that as a laugh...AND Amy gets a high five for having the stones to tell that joke to a (REAL) nun.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast