+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Kirshen - Season 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Matt Kirshen - Season 5

Matt Kirshen
    Muswell Hill, London

"Being in the top ten feels like getting a massage from a burly man. I know it's doing me good, but I still feel a bit dirty."
    - MATT KIRSHEN upon learning he was a finalist.

At 27, Matt Kirshen's precision wit has already earned him an impressive reputation on the UK comedy circuit. His engagingly impish style is shot through with an intelligent and skillful talent that belies his youthful appearance, making him a firm favorite with audiences and fellow comedians alike. With an impressive array of awards and press accolades under his belt, Matt stormed the Edinburgh Festival with his first solo show.

After a triumphant win at the 2003 Hackney Empire New Act of the Year competition, Matt became an instant success on the prestigious London and UK comedy circuit, a welcome regular at The Comedy Store, Jongleurs, The Glee, The Stand, Just The Tonic, Belfast Empire, The Hyena, Jesters, Rawhide, Laughter House, Komedia, as well as university tours that span the length and breadth of the UK. He has performed to festival crowds at Glastonbury, Oxford Truck and The Carling Weekend in Reading and Leeds.

He was a featured support act on Marcus Brigstoke and Jeff Green's UK theatre tours in 2005, and opened for Ed Byrne on his 50 date theatre tour of the UK and Ireland in 2006.

Matt's many international appearances include The Laughter Lounge, Dublin, and gigs for both English-speaking and local audiences in Dubai, Oman, Singapore, Malta, Holland, France, Austria and Germany, and, most recently, The USA
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    He's my favourite to win, He cracked me up in his London audition.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

CCL

Re: Matt Kirshen - Season 5

I love him. I want to fold him up and put him in my pocket and carry him everywhere. That sounds creepy.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I didn't like him at first, but after the Jester competition....I love him. I thought he was really funny and his head to head with Deborah was great. I'm hoping he can pull more tricks out of his sleeve because this cutie has grown on me!

LG.

I adore Matt. I'm so glad he survived the head to head challenge. He actually deserved to win the Jester challenge, as Debra seems to be saying the same jokes over and over (but I'm transfixed by how much she looks like John Candy that I just stare at her).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Daughter and I have been watching this show at different times in different locations and only got to see it together last night. We both cheered when Matt came out. We had both picked him as our own personal favorite without knowing the other one had.

FORT Fogey

He is my favorite, as well. He and Amy have the driest wit and that always snags my heart.

I really like him.
    His humour is intelligent as opposed to the "I'm a red neck" schtick of John Reep for example.

I really liked in the heckling challenge when Amy made reference to Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and he asked if she'd read any book for adults
    "That's Numberwang!"

CCL

Aw, I miss Matt already.
    According to his myspace he's going to be performing at the Improv in Hollywood tonight and in Atlanta in September. Hopefully he'll get more jobs from his exposure on LCS.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Matt and Amy were/are my favorites. I would like to have seen Matt go further, but the show is set up in such a screwy way. The good ones go earlier than the bad ones at the audience's expense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast