+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ralph Harris - Season 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Ralph Harris - Season 5

Ralph Harris
    Valley Village, CA

"It felt like I was back. I can't wait to represent all of the great comedians around the country."
    - RALPH HARRIS JR. upon learning he was a finalist.

Ralph Harris is one of today's hottest comedic and acting talents! He makes his feature film debut in DREAMGIRLS, a film that has struck gold (of the Golden Globe variety). Ralph kicks off the movie as the Detroit MC that helps Jamie Foxx hook up with the Dreamettes. Ralph recalls with special fondness the nearly fifty takes needed to perfect his character's "gentle caress" of Beyonce Knowles' well-known bootylicious behind. But really, who's counting?

Not one to slow down, Ralph has continued his film career momentum, immediately landing his second feature film role in the upcoming summer 2007 release EVAN ALMIGHTY starring Steve Carell and Wanda Sykes (no word on whether Ralph's gentle caress of Wanda's behind made the final cut).

Ralph's jump to the big screen comes after years of successful television work, including appearances on Seinfeld, Parenthood, Nick Freno, Living Single and In Living Color. No stranger to late night, Ralph has been featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jay Leno and Late Night with Conan O'Brien. However Ralph is probably best known for his starring role in the ABC-TV sitcom "On Our Own," which aired during the immensely popular TGIF block on Friday nights, and which currently airs in syndication on TV One.

You can also catch Ralph on TV in airings of his two previously recorded Cable TV specials - Comedy Central Presents and the HBO Half-Hour Comedy Special.

When he's not filming, Ralph continues to tour the country and perform to sold-out audiences as a stand-up comedian, his first career and love. Ralph's comedy is character driven, and is influenced by many of the greats, including his idols Bill Cosby and Jonathan Winters.

Born and raised in Philadelphia, Ralph spends the little time he has when not on the road at home in Los Angeles. To find out more about Ralph, please visit his website, The Official Site for Comedian Ralph Harris
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Ralph Harris - Season 5

Thought Ralph was hilarious last week. Was looking forward to more of the same this week.

What happened? The eight year old who lives next door is funnier than Ralph was last night.

I liked Ralph's head to head set.
    Although it was just basically him talking really fast like his hyper, 8 year old self, he really injected a lot of humour and to my mind was the clear winner (the editing on the show is brutal though admittedly).
    He really seemed to lose his way this week though.
    I hope he gets back on track next week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

He is not at all funny. I can't, for the life of me, imagine what is going through the minds of people who keep voting for him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

LG.

I don't see how he was the best of the 3 in the head-to-head-to-head, but we didn't see the whole show. Worse than that, I'm mad at Ralph (and Doug) for dragging Matt to the elimination challenge with them. Drat.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I find it slightly hard to believe he's been in the business for as long as he has becaue he seems so unpolished.
    He was phased by the switcheroo with the Deal or No Deal models and seemed to just bumble his way through his time with the female impersonator. (who was awesome, imo)
    His material just isn't that funny to me.
    Like LG says, we don't get to see the full set and I suspect the show is deliberately edited to make the winner appear to be the least funny so it's a suprise who wins.
    They seem to have pushed this tactic to such an extreme that you can predict who will win by choosing the least amusing person.
    I'm angry that they pulled Matt into the challenge too.
    How about making Jon Reep or Gerry Dee work for their place in the final five?
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.

that's what I was saying the the tv last night, Fluff (yet the tv never responds, hmmmm). Why pick on Matt? He didn't vote for Ralph. Pick on someone who hadn't had to be in an elimination challenge yet (like Reep or Dee, exactly). Not fair. I know comedy is subjective, but I would still rather see the elimination competition be between the 2 or 3 people who did the worst on the challenge, not just "anyone except the one person who won immunity." Oh well, without this gimmick we couldn't have the catch phrase "I know I'm funnier than . . ." as we all know how that is sweeping the nation.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread