+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dante - Season 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Dante - Season 5

Dante
    Canyon Country, CA

"I felt like my whole life was about to change. I could do more for my family and my life. People get made fun of for thanking God at awards shows but I think that's the first thing I did."
    - DANTE upon learning he was a finalist.

When he was a kid, Dante knew he wanted to be a comedian..... and he's never looked back. Dante Recieved an acting scholorship to U.S.I.U where he became friends with Jamie Foxx and drove Jamie to his first show ever at the Comedy Store in La Jolla. Today, Dante is one of the top headlining comedians in the United States, appearing on numerous television shows and in films, and appearing to sold-out crowds across the country. He has been honored as the receipient of several comedy awards, including the grand prize on America's Funniest People; he also still holds the record for winning the most comedy awards ever presented to a single comedian at the BET Comedy Awards. Dante was even the winner of Los Angeles' "Funniest Black Comic in LA" award... we're still not sure how he even qualified for that one!

Dante has made a name for himself as one of the few comedians working today who are able to cross over to any crowd and still be just as funny. He is the rare sort of performer who can perform at an urban comedy club, do another set in front of a Latino crowd later that evening, and then still bring down the house at a Beverly Hills country club benefit show after that, all in the same night... and he has!

While he travels across the country, as well as abroad, today Dante calls Los Angeles his home, where you can catch him regularly at The Comedy Store, The Improv, the Laugh Factory and five of his own rooms. He performs regularly at Military bases in the US and all over the world. In his comedy journey, Dante has had the honor and pleasure of opening for some of the greats in the entertainment business, including Richard Pryor, Robin Williams, Milton Berle, BB King, Santana & Macy Grey... as well as Weird Al Yankovich (who may or may not qualify as one of the "greats" - but he IS a heck of a lot of fun!).

With his sold-out club shows & television appearances, as well as upcoming projects in the near future, Dante is one act that's hard to miss!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Dante - Season 5

Are you talkin to me? Are you talkin to me? Okey dokey boss! Say hello to my leetl friend... etc etc etc.

The problem is he does the same five impressions and dozen or so "catchphrases" which most comedic impressionists do.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

LG.

ok, I know it wasn't Jewelsy, but who wrote the text that Weird Al Yankovich may not qualify as one of 'the greats'? Weird Al kicks this clown's comedic ass. Heck, I'd venture Weird Al even does lame and unoriginal impersonations better than this guy, but wait, he wouldn't, because he's original. [/rant]
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2498980;
    ok, I know it wasn't Jewelsy, but who wrote the text that Weird Al Yankovich may not qualify as one of 'the greats'? Weird Al kicks this clown's comedic ass. Heck, I'd venture Weird Al even does lame and unoriginal impersonations better than this guy, but wait, he wouldn't, because he's original. [/rant]
    It wasn't me, babe. All the contestants' info/write-ups came from the official site.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Newbie

Good riddance.

FORT Newbie

No way.. he was funny!

I wasn't impressed with him at all. When he said this act was some of the best stuff he's ever written, I was like, um...OK...you must really suck b/c I don't see how imitating your 3 year old saying "daddy, daddy, daddy" over & over is funny. Annoying, yes, funny, no.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread