+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

7/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't think even remotely the best people "won" last week (except Doug Benson), so I wasn't sure I ever wanted to watch this week.

But then I rationalized that if the losers are funnier, at least I'm getting to see them one last time...

Effing Tom Arnold is back. Was this shot the same night as last week's show?

Heh. Bellamy almost said "crazy sh..."

First up, Hicky McReep.

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until 1:00 AM ET.

Thanks, and enjoy the show (at least as much as possible when the best people probably won't win tonight either...)
    Last edited by Krom; 07-25-2007 at 10:06 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: 7/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Krom
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Irish Aussie lady and Redhead Seinfeld were both pretty good.

HickReep was a bit predictable.

Can't get over how much he looks like Seinfeld...

Write for HubPages.

Gerry Dee = Yawn.

He's one of those established people I think they may feel they are "obliged" to let through though. Doug Benson deserved that treatment, but not Dee.

Speaking of that... here's Thea Vidale. She's okay, but I bet she's been doing this same set for the past decade.

I wanted to root for Gerry Dee since he's Canadian but I found him boring too.

Write for HubPages.

Matty Potter was very good. He pretty much got a standing O. Lets see if the producers (you don't think the "talent scouts" are actually picking at this point) choose him.

Amy, the girl who followed him was better than I expected.

Sean Rouse didn't do it for me. He's trying for deadpan, but doesn't quite get there.

Lavell Crawford kicked (big) butt. The man has great delivery. Great eye rolling and facial expressions. Hopefully he's got more than "Fat material" for his long-term career, but it WAS really good.

Greg Warren: Eeeeeeh...

Andi Smith: I thought she was the best of the almost interchangeable young female comedians until now. She DOES kind of have a good droll mannerism. But her material was a bit weak, even with good delivery.

Arj Whatsisname: Meh. The people in the audience laughed a lot more than I did.

Gorilla in the mist... or at least backstage... I wonder if the guy under Mel Silverback's costume is literally sweating, and not just figuratively like most of the others.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-25-2007 at 10:42 PM.

Okay, it's official. I do not have my finger on the pulse of the public. These are their top ten?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Chuck Roy wasn't bad. He actually managed to make a video game joke funny, which isn't easy.

Jane Condon has great delivery. Material was a bit weak, but she made a lot of it.

Mel Silverback is a joke which shouldn't work as well as it does. But it DOES. Hey, you notice he actually gets the jaw of the mask to move a bit?

Wow. According to NBC, Ralphie May is a "fan favorite" now? Mordal, yes, but Ralphie? Come on. I'm somewhat amazed Mordal and NBC were even willing to communicate though, since their little falling out a few years back.

Feh. Its that lame Sigourney Weaver DirectTV commercial. Hurl. Does that show nationwide or are we in the Northeast the only ones subjected to it?

And the winners...

No Crapitol One Audience Pick?

1.) Gerry Dee - Feh. Screw you, producers, doing favors for people just for being veterans.

2.) Okay, here's the audience pick. 2nd for some reason. It's Lavell. Good pick.

3.) John Reep - another CRAPPY pick. He just wasn't as good as some of the others IMO. He wasn't bad, but...

4.) Amy Whatsername - she wasn't bad, but there were better.

5.) Matt Kirchen - Okay, not so bad.

Still, for the 2nd week in a row we can see the producers NOT picking the best people overall. TWO good picks and THREE mediocre ones. I almost expected them to feel obliged to take Thea Vidale too.

The five should have been: Matt, Lavell, Mel Silverback (sure its a one joke thing, but its a great joke), the Irish Aussie lady, and Jane Condon. Maybe Redheaded Seinfeld as an alternative to the Gorilla, if they REALLY thought that joke was played out.

As for last week, I won't rehash everything except to mention the travesty of Sabrina Matthews not going forward while a hack who does bad Reverend Jim impressions did. Feh! But if you want to blame that one on the audience, she was also better than Deborah DiGiovanni, Gina Yashere OR Ralph Harris (I'm not sure ANY of those three deserved to move on). I also think Joe DeVito got screwed too. Sure, his approach wasn't for "big" jokes, but they were very good, very consistent medium sized ones. In a longer set, he'd kick ass over many of these people, I think.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-25-2007 at 11:13 PM.

I thought the redheaded girl was funny, but I like Andi better. Her monotone just cracks me up. I also love the mom of five. She is spunky and I always laugh at her jokes. Overall, this group was much funnier than last weeks and Lavelle....what a sweetheart! He was so happy to be chosen! I thought the guy doing the baseball score (3-2) spiel was hilarious! He looked so sad to not have been chosen!

The hick just wasn't all that funny. Thea ? I think her name is..her delivery was funny but I've heard her jokes before. Not really original. I'm surprised they only picked two women. I'm just praying they didn't show us the funnier material that got them chosen and are saving it for a later show because most of their picks make no sense to me.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the monkey is funny?

As for the 'talent scouts'...why Kathleen and Ant? Neither of them won. I would have had the other winners join Bodin. My fave winner was John. I love him!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast