+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until 1:00 AM ET.
    Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Re: 7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Good grief, doesn't anyone watch this now?

I was so confused by the choices of finalists. I thought there were a lot of funny semi-finalists, but 4 out of the 5 that they picked were NOT funny. Two impressionists, yawn. The wrong black woman (the one who didn't get in, from Minnesota, was the funny one.) The Canadian woman who looked like she had swallowed Dom Deluise has VERY annoying mannerisms. None of them even remotely deserved to make it to the next round compared to some of the others who didn't make it. The last guy, Benson, may deserve it. I'll have to hear more of his material before I decide.

The funniest joke wasn't even on stage. It was the one where the guy said backstage that to get rid of performance jitters he shakes a baby slightly just until it starts to cry, because the sound of a baby crying calms his nerves.

FORT Newbie

after realizing there will be no living in a house reality show i am pretty sure i will let this slide.. i am getting annoyed with myself by constantly giving them the benefit of the doubt.. i would rather say wow that was funny than that wasnt too bad.. i have lowered my standards to a ridiculous level.. and it is quite annoying that they call these schlubs the best comedians in the world..

I'm pretty much done with this show after this semi-final.

Only Gina deserved to be there, IMO. And maybe Ralph, but he's had a good career for years.

Especially that Samantha's out. That seriously pissed me off.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Well, I enjoyed these for the most part. I had written down 9 names of the ones I enjoyed the most (they made me at least crack a smile) and all five were on the list. I wouldn't say they were my absolute favorites, but on a few I even laughed out loud!

I didn't even remember the acts of the five they picked with the exception of Ralph, and I didn't like his act at all, and the Canadian chick, and that's just because she's Canadian. The two who I was sure would be picked were the black chick with the Minnesotan boyfriend and somebody or other Jonagin (who is also from the northlands somewhere), both of whom I thought were funny both times I've seen them. I seriously don't know what goes through the minds of audiences - they really ought to get some comedy appreciation classes going in school so we won't all be stuck with such drivel.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I watch this show, but I do PPT at church and dvr it and other shows. Then I just watch it later, mainly to get some laughs. Some days, I am out of luck. I wish they would LET AMERICA DECIDE which comics are funniest. Take the agents out of the mix and let it truly be America's Choice.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I was a bit disappointed to see Gina Yashere make it to the final ten.
    She's been famous in Britain for years and I've never really found her very funny.
    I was always most irritated when she was on one of the teams for Mock The Week.

I do like Debra Di Giovani though.
    She's on Video on Trial quite often and she can generally make me smile.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    So how many more finalists need to be picked. I liked Lori a lot and found her hilarious and hopefully she gets in, I also liked James Kurshin.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

I can't believe Sabrina Matthews didn't make it. She is hilarious.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast