+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I loved her too "My Moms not mad that I'm a lesbian she's just mad that I'm not frilly" How did Thea do?
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

CCL

Re: 7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't think Debra DiGiovanni was that good this week but generally I do find her funny so I'm glad she was a finalist. I was surprised at the audience's choice...no, wait, I wasn't surprised as they gave him a standing ovation. I just don't find impressions that funny, really, and that's what his whole routine was about. Maybe that's why I didn't like the other guy who got through, the one who was doing an impression of his grandfather. I did like the British woman who got through. I was hoping the Australian man (the older one) or the young British guy would get through but, alas, they did not.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I wanted Sabrina Matthews,Lori,Scott Capa???????,Doug Benson and Gina Yashare.

I thought that Dante was CRAP!!! same with the other impressionist, Debra Giovanni was quite funny but not a favourite and the other two I wanted to get through.

For next week I probably want.....

-Gerry Dee
    -James Kurshin
    -That guy who claims to be the child of Gerry and Elaine (I'm bad with their names)
    -The girl who got in on the San Antonio auditions with the red hair.
    -And finally the guy who wore the gorilla mask
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Newbie

I'm pretty much a lurker around here, so i appreciate everything you all write. I think that Dante was AWESOME!!! I rarely laugh out loud when watching anything, and he had me cracking up!

Question: Not sure if this is answered somewhere, but I can't find it if it is....does anyone know who the guy in the gorilla mask really is?? His voice is REALLY familiar, that I feel that he's someone that might already have a little celebrity attached to himself.

Answering some questions...

Quote Originally Posted by twig
    Question: Not sure if this is answered somewhere, but I can't find it if it is....does anyone know who the guy in the gorilla mask really is?? His voice is REALLY familiar, that I feel that he's someone that might already have a little celebrity attached to himself.
    Hey Twig...

No harm in asking. I did include the name of the person inside the Mel Silverback mask in my recap of the first episode--it's a Canadian comic named Dan Licoppe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairidh1992
    How did Thea do?
    She wasn't in THIS batch of semi-finalists. There is one more semi-finals round to determine the final five competitors to make it to the finals (added to the five determined THIS week.)

Tune in next week to see how she does!

Unfortunately, your other hopeful--Lori Chase--was in THIS week and was not chosen to move on. I do NOT believe that there will be additional people added beyond the five chosen from each week.

pg--I'm surprised that so many here hated what Ralph did...or thought that what Ralph did was basically the same as what Dante did...but I'm not surprised that other people are upset that Sabrina didn't move on...as I'm bummed about that, too...--seattle

Other things I've read...

A couple of the people in the audience (and shown on camera!) have commented on the show that produced this semi-final episode of LCS over on the A Special Thing forums--a forum for alt-comedians and fans of alt-comedy.

Some of the things mentioned were how each performer did four minutes of material...and then came out to do Q&A with the judges--none of the Q&A made it into the show, obviously. Possibly because Tom Arnold made various racist and homophobic comments (so says the eye-witness...) Possibly also because none of the Q&A was remotely funny. (One eye-witness says that Spencer Brown called out Tom Arnold for being a jerk...)

The entire show took THREE HOURS...and the end result as shown on television was in many ways different than what the people in the audience saw.

For example, Dwayne Kennedy--he of twenty years of comedy experience--is reported to have completely bombed...to the point where the judges told him that he's not ready to do the show...and that they edited laughs into his short snippet on the show.

One of those in attendance (the charmingly named sparkiepop) said that the end result was quite a shock...as it seemed clear that Tommy Johnagin, John Caparulo and Spencer Brown would be chosen to move on.

On the other hand, everyone in attendance who commented said that Dante did indeed get a standing ovation--though there were a few vocal detractors who couldn't believe that his Wizard of Oz routine was getting such a good audience response.

I'll keep my eyes open for any other in-person reports...

pg--for those of you still interested in this show, of course...--seattle

My favorite of the night was the blonde lady who told the child proofing jokes. My hubby and I were both cracking up, especially when she said there are only 'two' places she could have left it!

I liked Dante in the auditions, so I'm hoping he pulls through, although I thought his impressions were pretty funny.

Someone above me ^^ said the best joke was told backstage.....I have to agree, the joke I liked was when the British guy was talking about his Grandma getting a boob job!

Re: Other things I've read...

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2484626;
    One of those in attendance (the charmingly named sparkiepop) said that the end result was quite a shock...as it seemed clear that Tommy Johnagin, John Caparulo and Spencer Brown would be chosen to move on.
    I was completely surprised that Tommy Johnagin didn't move on. I was quite sure from his first stint that he would be in the finals. I have no idea what whoever picked the finalists (is it the judges or the audience) are thinking? But then again, why do I know of Sinbad? Apparently I do not have my finger on the pulse of the public.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2484619;
    She wasn't in THIS batch of semi-finalists. There is one more semi-finals round to determine the final five competitors to make it to the finals (added to the five determined THIS week.)

Tune in next week to see how she does!

Unfortunately, your other hopeful--Lori Chase--was in THIS week and was not chosen to move on. I do NOT believe that there will be additional people added beyond the five chosen from each week.

pg--I'm surprised that so many here hated what Ralph did...or thought that what Ralph did was basically the same as what Dante did...but I'm not surprised that other people are upset that Sabrina didn't move on...as I'm bummed about that, too...--seattle
    Yeah, we get over here and I didn't know who was performing in the first semi-finals. It would be if they added like two special comics who they thought were good once the final ten are chosen.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairidh1992;2484966;
    It would be if they added like two special comics who they thought were good once the final ten are chosen.
    Yeah, they actually DID do that last year...but I think that was to balance out the casting for how things would go on the boat...

This year, according to all reports I've read, there's no boat...no house...

Just competitions...

Of course, we'll have to wait to see how it all turns out to see if those reports are true...

But, from everything I've heard, there will be ten...no more, no less...in the "finals" of the show...five from each group of semi-finalists.

pg--seattle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12