+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, Keep It Going For Last Comic Standing: Episode Two=Who Are THESE People?

Re: Hey, Keep It Going For Last Comic Standing: Episode Two=Who Are THESE People?

Now...class... Pick up your pencils, we're going to have a pop quiz.

QUESTION: Can you advance in this show if you don't do clean material? Yes or no?

No looking at each other's answers. Krom...I'm looking at you. Eyes on your own work.
    Ouch!

Thea Vidale, however, is no joke. She's been around forever--her 8x10 is on the wall in every comedy club I've ever worked. She had her own sitcom--called "Thea!" SHE WAS A WWE STAR, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! (She played Mama Benjamin--Shelton Benjamin's mother, back in February and March of 2006.)
    And appeared on Ugly Betty just this past year. By most, if not all, definitions she's "too big" for this show.

Wait. I just realized how much trouble that last sentence could get me in.

Oh well...

Next, we're off to Sydney Australia...and if what Bill Bellamy is showing us is half-way accurate, it's going to be non-stop Freak Show Montage from Barbie to Wallaby.
    Except, because the show is CHEAP, Bellamy wasn't even invited along to Australia!

Ant informs us that the Australian comics, in general, are more "wacky" (his word.) "That's great on the bus to summer camp," Ant explains, "But you're not going to win a competition that way."
    Ant really IS an ass.

Since Bill Bellamy obviously didn't make THIS trip, either (so far...he's gone to New York and Los Angeles with the crew...and skipped everywhere in between and everywhere outside. Shows a real commitment to this process, Bill... Were you too busy shining up your pimp jacket???)
    Oh wait. Was that it? I just ASSUMED that NBC was cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2448843;
    I vote that ALL the LCS6 tryouts be held in Australia next year.
    Maybe. While there were a lot of nuts in the initial interviews, the showcase seemed to be packed with good comedians.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Hey, Keep It Going For Last Comic Standing: Episode Two=Who Are THESE People?

As far as Thea Vidale goes...I think that it's been proven, now, out of five seasons that Last Comic Standing is not, by any definition, an amateur comedy competition.

If Dave Chappelle wanted to be on LCS--does anyone here think that LESS people would watch?

pg--I've still got my eyes on Krom.--seattle

Great job, pg13!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Great recap, PG13!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12