+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/13 'Premiere' Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/13 'Premiere' Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2440742;
    the gay woman whose Mom wished she were "frillier".
    We saw her at a comedy thing in Santa Monica last year, so we had already heard her jokes (incidentally, we also saw the entire show that became Kathy Griffin's "Everybody Can Suck It" special -- what a waste of money when we could have just seen it on TV!)

This gay gal was the only funny comic we saw that night, so we definitely remembered her.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2440274;
    bbnbama,

If you have a deck or a patio associated with your unit, that restriction is invalid.

FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas
    Thanks for that info! I'm hoping to be moving out of this apartment in the next couple of months but if it doesn't work out, I'll keep this in mind and go speak to my landlord!

Man, you can found out anything here on the FORT!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2439891;
    bbnbama, no need to worry! The episode repeats on Fox Reality tomorrow from 2 pm to 4 pm. If you don't have that channel, then Bravo is playing it tomorrow from 6 pm to 8 pm. I was also watching SYTYCD, so I had to find some other time this show was replaying.
    First off, sorry for giving everyone the wrong information. Fox Reality did air Last Comic Standing, but instead of replaying the newest 2-hour episode of season 5, they replayed 2 episodes of season 4. But Bravo did re-air the episode at 6 to 8. I had to go somewhere during the show, but I recorded it.

My favorite was Debra DiGiovanni. She reminds me of that one woman who tried out for season 2, but she didn't make the house. I think her name was Jessica. Then when season 3 was a competition between season 1 and season 2, one woman didn't come back from season 2, and so Jessica had to replace her. Yeah, Debra reminds me of her, but funnier. I liked hre joke about the chapstick. And the other one where she said since she took a nap, she was gonna stay up until 10.

I also liked the woman who auditioned in NY. She was half Tahitian (sp?), half Jamaican. She didn't make it through though.

Richard Ryder was another favorite. He was the guy I was talking about before in one of my previous posts. Even after rewatching it, that cookie joke still makes me laugh.

There were a few people I was mad about. The was one guy named Arj who auditioned in NY. I didn't laugh one single time. Then there was Gerry, who auditioned in Canada. He was the one who almost made it last season.

I'm still in the middle of the episode, so I didn't watch San Antonio yet.

ETA: Just got done watching San Antonio. Ehhh... NY and Canda were so much better. I like the guy with glasses. His name was Bob. The "Enjoy guys" joke made me chuckle. "What's in my pancakes?"

Johnny Elbow got me when he said, "No, no, I'm a talent scout."

I just noticed that Canada wasn't given a chance to vote for their favorite comedian. I wonder why.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 06-15-2007 at 02:08 AM. Reason: added stuff about San Antonio

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Wow..not a lot of people watching this show? Maybe too many reality shows right now.

Ok, I think her name was Andy, and she is living in California but originally from Wisconsin. I still laugh at her bit about camping..

"I never understood what the excitement was about camping, it's like living in a trailer park. I just try and blend in..."Ohh..Betty caught 40 bluegill...Woww! Pass me the dirty ketchup please..boy this is living".
    So funny!

Also, "I went back to visit my dad and he took me pheasant hunting.. I just thought, "ya know dad, we should just leave them alone to plant their potatoes".

I probably ruined these jokes..but that's the best I can do.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2441441;
    Wow..not a lot of people watching this show? Maybe too many reality shows right now.

Ok, I think her name was Andy, and she is living in California but originally from Wisconsin. I still laugh at her bit about camping..

"I never understood what the excitement was about camping, it's like living in a trailer park. I just try and blend in..."Ohh..Betty caught 40 bluegill...Woww! Pass me the dirty ketchup please..boy this is living".
    So funny!

Also, "I went back to visit my dad and he took me pheasant hunting.. I just thought, "ya know dad, we should just leave them alone to plant their potatoes".

I probably ruined these jokes..but that's the best I can do.
    It's probably because it's up against So You Think You Can Dance (and Top Chef to a lesser extent). Personally, SYTYCD is becoming one of my favorite shows, so I had to watch that. Then at 10, I watched Reunited: The Real World Las Vegas. What can I say, I'm a fan of MTV reality shows. That ran for 30 minutes, so at 10:30, I watched Top Chef. I like LCS, so I had to find another time. It was a good thing Bravo replayed it.

And no, you didn't ruin the jokes at all. The only time I laughed at Andi's (I think that's how you spell it) routine was at the ketchup part. But after rereading her jokes, they're kinda funny. Also, I think she lives in St. Louis, MO now if I remember correctly.

I'm watching it after the fact. I can't remember anyone's names yet but there were some funny ones who didn't make it and not so funny who did. Maybe they will be better in the semi-finals.

If they aren't doing a house this season for monetary reasons, does this mean that everyone who makes it to the finals has to pay for their own lodging? I was just curious about that.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

CrossingGuard - thanks for the heads up. I was able to catch it on Bravo. Like others, some of what I thought were the more talented comedians didn't go through while other, in my opinion, less talented "comedians" did. I'm disappointed that there isn't going to be a house this year. The success of Season 1 was due, in part, to the interactions in the house.
    Last edited by Carla; 06-15-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo

This show makes no sense to me. But I guess what I find funny may not be funny to others. I counted at least five comics that were laugh out loud funny that were not chosen.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2442026;
    This show makes no sense to me. But I guess what I find funny may not be funny to others. I counted at least five comics that were laugh out loud funny that were not chosen.
    I have a theory about that. I think that for the ones who are going on in the competition, the producers needed to save some of their better material to show later, whereas for the ones who were not going on, they could show their best jokes. Because yeah, I often wonder why somebody made the cut based on the jokes they showed!

So I finally got around to watching this, what? Too many things on all at once! LOL

It was actually pretty good. I was prepared to hate Ant like I've never hated a famewhore before but he was actually rather funny. I already love Kathleen and Alonso so it was all golden. I liked the way they were willing to give comics a second chance to recover from nerves and try the routine again.

Its too early for me to remember any of their names but I do remember thinking they advanced a couple that I didn't think were all that funny while rejecting a couple that were.

Loved the "cat" lady who is retrosexual. She and the monkey suit guy are the only ones who stood out for me. Oh and the girl who is half Haitian/Half.... errr... well that everybody calls her Puerto Rican. Did she make it thru?

Yep.. too early to remember who is who but overall it was pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast