+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alonzo Bodden - Judge

Alonzo Bodden - Judge

Alonzo Bodden, the jet mechanic-turned-comic who describes his material as "cynically good natured," won season three of "Last Comic Standing." A top headliner at comedy clubs nationwide, Bodden had his own half-hour comedy special on Comedy Central, and has appeared on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," "The Late, Late Show with Craig Kilborn," "Premium Blend" and "The Keenen Ivory Wayans Show." In addition, he appeared in "Bringin' Down the House," "The Girl Next Door," "Angel" and "Grounded for Life."
    "That's Numberwang!"

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Re: Alonzo Bodden - Judge

I've enjoyed him as a comic, but a judge? I'm not so sure. While watching the premier, I couldn't help but notice that he had a sour look on his face most of the time. That, or else he's become arrogant.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think Alonzo is one to grin like an idiot, for no reason. I'm guessing that is just one of his regular, "not putting on any acts" expressions. I think it's just him being himself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I always like Alonzo, and I still do. Sure he's a big surly looking guy, but he cuts into that with a lot of self-depreciating humor.

To me, he's still the 2nd funniest guy to ever come out of this franchise, after Dave Mordal (who as we all know, pissed off NBC and has since dissapeared back into the wilds of Minnesota, where, unfortunately he apparently plays endless tours of dinner theaters and comedy cruises).
    Last edited by Krom; 06-16-2007 at 05:30 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Oh, I still like him, too. I'd love to see his routine again. I had forgotten about Mordal ticking off NBC. He seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. I don't think he even has his website up anymore. I guess it's good that he's still working in the business, even if it's dinner theaters and comedy cruises.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla;2443444;
    Oh, I still like him, too. I'd love to see his routine again. I had forgotten about Mordal ticking off NBC. He seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth. I don't think he even has his website up anymore. I guess it's good that he's still working in the business, even if it's dinner theaters and comedy cruises.
    Its so bad he doesn't even get his PICTURE on that web page for that comedy cruise. The pic there is for the other comedian on the cruise, Scott Hansen, and Louie Anderson--who has nothing to DO with the cruise.

I mean... that's low. Your image wiped out for a meathead like Louie Anderson? Ouch!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2442798;
    I always like Alonzo, and I still do. Sure he's a big surly looking guy, but he cuts into that with a lot of self-depreciating humor.

To me, he's still the 2nd funniest guy to ever come out of this franchise, after Dave Mordal (who as we all know, pissed off NBC and has since dissapeared back into the wilds of Minnesota, where, unfortunately he apparently plays endless tours of dinner theaters and comedy cruises).
    Remind me again what Dave Mordal did... senior-moment here

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Dave was set up to do a blog for the second season of Last Comic Standing. He was, evidently, a little too honest in his snark or his criticism of the show (remember this was the year where there was all of the public scandal regarding how the show was cast, so NBC was particularly sensitive) and his role as celebrity blogger disappeared.

(One of the things he said was that he couldn't believe that Ant hadn't written any new jokes since not making the house in season one...)

I think, though, that he's appeared on the Tonight Show since that incident...although my memory's calendar might be wrong about that...

...and while Dave might not have his website up anymore, he's on MySpace...

pg--Dave's a good guy...and he can rock a mic, live.--seattle

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2443994;
    Dave was set up to do a blog for the second season of Last Comic Standing. He was, evidently, a little too honest in his snark or his criticism of the show (remember this was the year where there was all of the public scandal regarding how the show was cast, so NBC was particularly sensitive) and his role as celebrity blogger disappeared.

(One of the things he said was that he couldn't believe that Ant hadn't written any new jokes since not making the house in season one...)

I think, though, that he's appeared on the Tonight Show since that incident...although my memory's calendar might be wrong about that...

...and while Dave might not have his website up anymore, he's on MySpace...

pg--Dave's a good guy...and he can rock a mic, live.--seattle
    Thank you! Daffy Duck may have said "it was the YAMS!!!" but I suppose Dave Mordal is saying "it was the BLOG!!!"

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I didn't know Dave had ticked off NBC, but if he did then I love him more!

No matter what, Alonzo's funnier being stern, than Ant.

I still get a huge laugh thinking about Bil stating he was funnier than Ant inside that stupid boat engine room.

+ Reply to Thread