+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/08 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Loved, Ty, but he mistimed his set and ended with a wimper, not a bang. This should be interesting. I voted for Ty, but Josh was good tonight and had a better paced set.

Ty was easily the better of the two tonight but I've heard most of those jokes already from him. After Josh's set I thought Ty had a real chance at winning this thing but for some reason he reused all his jokes. Decent strategy I guess but it didn't work for me.

FORT Newbie
    I'm shocked that Chris Porter was let go. He was easily the most edgy and funny comic on the show. His roasting of Jim Norton alone ("Jim Norton lives in my neighborhood. I know this because the judge made him come and tell me.") secured that status with me.

I have a feeling that Ty should win, because his delivery is better, but I think Josh will win because of his energy.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ImA1032 View Post
    Josh Blue continues his line of making fun of his handicap while Ty Barnett re-uses material... not that re-using the same material week after week is a bad thing. Just ask Dat Phan.
    Dat Phan is a comedy embarrassment.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I really liked Dat Phan. I look forward to seeing him tonight. Why would you term him a "comedy embarrassment"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why is Dat a comedy embarrassment? Because he has about 15 minutes worth of material (which he admittedly delivers very well), and that's his routine, which he performs EVERY SINGLE TIME. I might be exaggerating... but not by much.

Where are you when I need you, Dave Mordal?

Ty's set was strong but he repeated. I think that should earn an automatic disqualification! I know you have to repeat if you do stand-up for a living... but dear heavens, you're on TV where people have already seen everything else that you've done for TV.

Josh's set was weak. His set last week was weak, too. Other than those two, he's been stellar. Way too much disability comedy during this set, which is a shame, because he's so funny when that's only his peripheral material/toss aside follow-up jokes. I agree that he may just be running out of stuff... but at least he realizes that he can't repeat!

Chris... wow. Sad that he went home, very sad... Ty hasn't made me laugh as much as Chris and Josh, but he's gotten better and better (except for the repeats).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I thought Chris started going downhill last week, and that it was a toss-up between him and that female comic going home....and I really liked this guy, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12