+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I have never found Jay London amusing. And I don't care for any of these comics. I remember Ellen when she was on the comedy circuit long ago. She was fabulous from the start. Eddie Izzard is superior. I have no clue how this group even makes a living. Sense of humor is just like art, music and food preferences, very personal.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 08-02-2006 at 07:38 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Missed Ty. Josh was pretty funny. Chris was different. I'm one of those who had high hopes for a showdown between Chris and Josh in the beginning, but I have to say, Chris has become... different. Can't put my finger on it, but even when his jokes are funny, something about his behavior is so different than before, that I just don't laugh.

I liked Michelle, so now I'll be pulling for Josh.

Again, I should clarify, all of my opinions are based on the few minutes of this show I catch from time to time.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    To me, Ty was the funniest tonight, followed by Josh, then Chris.
    Since they started the finals with 5 comics I have thought Ty's act was the most smooth and polished. I think he should win the whole thing but, when it comes down to a popularity contest it's not always about talent.

For me...
    Josh - Wasted the first 60 seconds of his set. That's a lot of time to throw away when you only have 5 minutes. Two giggles.
    Chris - Dunno. He's getting a little weird for me. I'm not that much into stoner humor. What he had was funny, but will it appeal to the people who vote? One giggle
    Ty - Came out and launched it. Although the set was probably the least cohesive of the three we've seen, it still had better transitions than Josh or Chris. Three giggles.

I laughed more this week than last week-that should tell you I have low-brow humor. I loved Ty and Josh. I also really enjoyed Chris, but his voice is what "weirds" me out. He did seem to have a tiny chip on his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    ...Chris has become... different. Can't put my finger on it, but even when his jokes are funny, something about his behavior is so different than before, that I just don't laugh.
    I know what you mean about Chris...I think this was his best set yet and still there was just something about it...I don't know.

Lex
    I can't believe tomorrow's the last episode. It seems like the show just started.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I can't believe tomorrow's the last episode. It seems like the show just started.
    But if it is the last episode and viewers vote for who they want to win, how are we going to know the results? I'm thinking there has to be a final episode next week.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

The results show is Wednesday...as in tomorrow.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pg13 View Post
    The results show is Wednesday...as in tomorrow.
    Hey, that's good enuff for me!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234