+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Comic Standing Renewed For Fifth Season

Last Comic Standing Renewed For Fifth Season

According to TheFutonCritic.com, NBC has renewed Last Comic Standing for a fifth season. Here is the part of the article about Last Comic Standing below:

NBC has picked up an additional season each of its popular summer alternative series "America's Got Talent" and "Last Comic Standing." "America's Got Talent" (Wednesdays, 8-10 p.m. ET and Thursdays, 9-10 p.m. ET) will return to the NBC schedule at mid-season while "Last Comic Standing" (Tuesdays, 9-10 p.m. ET) will resume next summer with all-new episodes. The announcement was made today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

"Last Comic Standing" has ranked among the week's top-10 programs with each of its original telecasts this summer. Averaging a 3.7 rating, 10 share in adults 18-49 and 8.2 million viewers overall, "Last Comic Standing" has increased the Tuesday 9-10 p.m. (ET) hour by 95 percent versus NBC's average in the time period last summer.

Hosted by Anthony Clark ("Yes, Dear"), "Last Comic Standing" is the Emmy Award-nominated series that takes viewers on a nationwide talent search for the funniest comedians in America. Outrageous contests, surprise guests and unexpected twists and turns make for a lively competition with America ultimately choosing the winner who gets an exclusive talent contract with NBC and their own comedy special on Bravo.
    I think it's amazing how this show went from being canceled and screwed over by NBC, to one of their top rated summer shows and being renewed for another season. Hopefully, NBC has learned their lesson about screwing over the viewers like they did on the third season.

I don't get how it has such supposedly high viewership. It's truly not funny, and I want to like the show.

Lex
    I hope they fix a lot of stuff from this season. Season 4 is the only one I've watched, but it sounds like past seasons were better designed or organized or something.

One of the flaws of this season is that it felt too rushed and like we didn't get to know any of the comics.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    One of the flaws of this season is that it felt too rushed and like we didn't get to know any of the comics.
    If they go true to form, we may never even MEET them next year. NBC is cheap and the cost of housing the cast and crew is a major expense. Also, the unions are on top of all these reality shows that require sound techs and video monitoring 24x7.

Season 1 had the best format. But then again they had funny comics that were funny in the house, which is what you need to make that part good.
    I wish they would put out a DVD on Season 1.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    I don't get how it has such supposedly high viewership. It's truly not funny, and I want to like the show.
    I agree.

>>>>Outrageous contests, surprise guests and unexpected twists and turns make for a lively competition.<<<<<

What show was this guy watching?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    NBC's "Comic" still standing in summer

Thu Feb 01,11:30 PM ET

NBC has picked up a fifth installment of the reality series "Last Comic Standing" to air in the summer.

The new season, to be hosted by Bill Bellamy, will go international, searching for the funniest comedian in the English-speaking world. Auditions will take place in London, Montreal and Sydney as well as in Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, San Antonio and Tempe, Arizona.

Talent scouts for the new installment will include "Comic" alumni Alonzo Bodden, Ant and Kathleen Madigan.

In its most recent fourth season, "Comic" averaged a 3.6 rating/10 share in adults 18-49 and 8.1 million viewers overall.

Link Here
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm glad Anthony Clark won't be the host. Who is Bill Bellamy? I like the idea of the international concept.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2225069;
    I'm glad Anthony Clark won't be the host. Who is Bill Bellamy? I like the idea of the international concept.
    Here's a picture of him:

and his website:

Bill Bellamy
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

He's a cutie! I bet he's funny too, unlike Anthony.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast