+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Comic Standing Renewed For Fifth Season

Jumpin' George Clooney NickNack77's Avatar

Re: Last Comic Standing Renewed For Fifth Season

I miss Dave Mordal. He was great. Vos was not worthy to soap his back.
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2225069;
    I'm glad Anthony Clark won't be the host. Who is Bill Bellamy? I like the idea of the international concept.
    Really. Anthony Clark has to be one of the least funny and least ingratiating performers around. I like Alonzo Boden a lot. It will be fun to see him again. Kathleen Madigan is also fun.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NickNack77;2432165;
    I miss Dave Mordal. He was great. Vos was not worthy to soap his back.
    Yeah, but Vos could sure iron a mean pair of pants...

Re: Ant has no business judging anyone for anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2379287;
    Why?

Seriously, why would LCS taking on exact approximations of the American Idol process be a good idea?

Alonzo=Randy, Kathleen=Paula, Ant=Simon
    What is an "exact approximation"?!?!?!

Seriously though - just because there are 2 guys and a girl doesn't mean it's an AI clone. I can't see Kathleen being like Paula at all ... probably more like Simon if we're drawing comparisons.

Re: Ant has no business judging anyone for anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2379287;
    Why?

Seriously, why would LCS taking on exact approximations of the American Idol process be a good idea?
    I agree. I was hooked on the first season because the interactions in the house were as funny as the stage routines. ("Dat, if I win, I'll buy you a bigger desk.") An "Idol" format is both boring and stupid. Too bad network executives have to muck up what could have been a good show (see "On the Lot") by being copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2433933;
    Yeah, but Vos could sure iron a mean pair of pants...
    And shirts, and shorts, and handkerchiefs, and napkins...he was practically a laundry and ironing expert. Hey--maybe Vos worked at Dat Phan's parents' laundry...
    "The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire."

From tvguide.com Welcome to Season 5! - Last Comic Standing Blog | TVGuide.com

So here we go, the first episode of a new season of NBC's Last Comic Standing [Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET, starting June 13] is coming up. It's kind of fitting that the first episode will be set in New York, the land where dreams are made and broken.

I guess I'd better reintroduce myself. I'm Alonzo Bodden, Season 2 runner-up, Season 3 winner and Season 5 talent scout.

I've done it all on Last Comic Standing, except host. I wanted to host but they hired Bill Bellamy. After watching Bill, I see I have a lot to learn about hosting. He's great. He's bringing a whole new energy to the show, and he looks good in a suit.

The other talent scouts are Ant and Kathleen Madigan. Kathleen is hilarious and she really knows comedy. When we did Seasons 2 and 3, she wasn't featured enough, the reason being that it wouldn't challenge her. We all knew how funny she is, but now you guys get to see it. I love Kathleen and all her voices, characters and whatever else goes on inside that little red head of hers.

Ant... what can be said about Ant that hasn't already been written? Did you know he's gay? Apparently that's the scoop. Seriously, Ant is Ant: over-the-top, loud, emotional, dramatic and funny. Love him or hate him, but you will get plenty of him.

We have other changes this season. We went international, traveling to Australia, Canada, the U.K.... That was fun, and stand-up is definitely different overseas, some being funnier, some... not so much. I went Simon on a guy in Australia, you'll see.

There is no house this season. No house, no castle, no boat. That's right, NBC isn't paying rent. Head-to-head every week, and America votes.

Finally, the prize money is up to $250,000. That's the amount I got when I won Season 3. Of course, no one knew I won Season 3 except the IRS... funny how they were watching.

Alonzo, you were and are great!

Any chance of getting Mordal worked in as a judge or something? Maybe he could give a hot tub commentary or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123