+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Josh Blue - Season 4

Josh Blue - Season 4

Hometown: Denver, CO
    Day Job: Comedian

A gifted stand-up comedian and talented U.S. Paralympic soccer player, Josh Blue refuses to bow to any of the challenges that come from living with cerebral palsy. He jokes, "I realize that people are going to stare so I want to give them something to stare at." He uses his self-deprecating sense of humor to defy stereotypes and encourage others to overcome their pre-conceived notions about disabled people.

Blue - who was born in Cameroon, West Africa, and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota - got his start in comedy while pursuing a B.A. degree in creative writing from Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA.

In addition to guest-starring on Comedy Central's "Mind of Mencia," Blue has been making audiences laugh in top comedy clubs, theaters, colleges campuses and corporate events all over the country. At the 2004 Las Vegas Comedy Festival, he won the $10,000 Grand Prize at the Royal Flush Comedy Competition. In 2005, he earned rave reviews on the college circuit and a nomination for "Best Diversity Event of 2006."

Describing his comedy as "spastic and engaging," Blue wanted to be on "Last Comic Standing" to "make people aware of the fact that people with disabilities can make an impact."

In addition to being a stand-up comic, Blue is also a U.S. Paralympic soccer player, and he participated in the 2004 Paralympic Games that took place in Athens, Greece. The Paralympics, held two weeks after the Olympics, are the world's second largest sporting event.

Josh is my favorite and I hope he wins it all.
    If not, I hope he stays in the house right up to the end.
    Curly

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair View Post
    Curly
    me too ... he's my fav this season.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair View Post
    Curly
    Oh, I think he will make it very far. He received the audience favorite vote so he is not going to be challenged by the other comics so readily. There is a sympathy factor involved. His material is good but I don't think an hour of it would be entertaining. Any comedian who tries to build a career around a physical flaw just cannot sustain an act for very long.

Dat Phan won, not because he was a good comic, it is just that his limited material was fresh. No one does Asian manicure shop jokes! No one does CP jokes either. If he wins does it mean he is a good comic? Nope.

I am not sure winning is the primary goal of these comics either. It is all about exposure and the longer they stay in the house the more exposure they get, which means better gigs, higher pay and bigger audiences.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    He's funny and I think he'll go far.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

He's funny, but I don't think I would watch an entire show of him ...

I totally agree with everything dogbat said,

Yep! My favorite!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    When I first saw that he was going to be on, I was bummed. I thought that he probably wouldn't be funny, but would get the sympathy votes. But, he has surprised me - he is funny. And when he got heckled and did the heckling, he showed that he had a quick wit too. I really like him!

Josh Blue is really funny. He's one of my favorites.

Although, I am a bit nervous that he seems to be challenging my other favorite, Gabriel Inglesias.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast