+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Josh Blue - Season 4

He is not the first stand-up comic with CP. Geri Jewell did stand up after her stint on Facts of Life. She can now be seen on the critically acclaimed HBO series Deadwood. Evey once in awhile they give her some really good lines. I wish they would feature her more.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Travisio View Post
    Josh Blue is really funny. He's one of my favorites.

Although, I am a bit nervous that he seems to be challenging my other favorite, Gabriel Inglesias.
    That only will be a problem if Gabriel gets the most votes.

FORT Regular
    Oh my I hadn't even realized who that was...and no I hardly ever watch the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    He is not the first stand-up comic with CP. Geri Jewell did stand up after her stint on Facts of Life. She can now be seen on the critically acclaimed HBO series Deadwood. Evey once in awhile they give her some really good lines. I wish they would feature her more.
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Maybe I haven't been watching closely enough, but Josh and Kristin seem to be really good friends, and I don't remember seeing any sort of explanation. I loved the scene between the two of them last night when he was kicking the crap out of a soccer ball straight at her.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    He's funny.. what we have noticed is that he's great with those quick one liners. He's got a great sense of humor and it's funny to listen to him.

Hope he sticks around for a while.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Oh, I think he will make it very far. He received the audience favorite vote so he is not going to be challenged by the other comics so readily. There is a sympathy factor involved. His material is good but I don't think an hour of it would be entertaining. Any comedian who tries to build a career around a physical flaw just cannot sustain an act for very long.

Dat Phan won, not because he was a good comic, it is just that his limited material was fresh. No one does Asian manicure shop jokes! No one does CP jokes either. If he wins does it mean he is a good comic? Nope.

I am not sure winning is the primary goal of these comics either. It is all about exposure and the longer they stay in the house the more exposure they get, which means better gigs, higher pay and bigger audiences.
    I thought this too when I first saw him, I thought he'd be a one topic kind of comic doing nothing but jokes about his CP. He does do those jokes, but he's WAAAAY better than JUST doing those jokes. He's quick, sharp and hilarious and I hope he doesn't get trashed for getting "sympathy votes" because he doesn't NEED sympathy votes, he's good enough to make it through on his own material.

Quote Originally Posted by Jookie View Post
    I thought this too when I first saw him, I thought he'd be a one topic kind of comic doing nothing but jokes about his CP. He does do those jokes, but he's WAAAAY better than JUST doing those jokes. He's quick, sharp and hilarious and I hope he doesn't get trashed for getting "sympathy votes" because he doesn't NEED sympathy votes, he's good enough to make it through on his own material.
    The thing with Josh is that he HAS to start out every audience with some sort of introduction to him having CP or it would always be the elephant in the room. He has a lot of material that addresses the issue in a fun way that puts people at ease (not an easy thing to do, BTW). The problem with the show format so far is that the sets have all been quite short, so there's been little time to move on to other topics once the CP topic has been dispensed with.

My brother has seen him live and says he has a lot of real funny material that has nothing to do with his CP. I think we've all seen enough snippets of his personality to be able to believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by jlplsss View Post
    I think we've all seen enough snippets of his personality to be able to believe that.
    I sure have.. the boiler room last night.. and playing that nutball game with Kristen... too funny. I would love to see him live!
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Corine View Post
    I sure have.. the boiler room last night.. and playing that nutball game with Kristen... too funny.
    Not only was nutball hilarious, but he nailed her every time haha (well, every shot they aired last night anyway)....and caught a bunch of passes too. It's really not fair that someone with CP had more coordination than I do. grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    He is not the first stand-up comic with CP. Geri Jewell did stand up after her stint on Facts of Life.
    Yeah but "stint on Facts of Life" kinda says it all, don't you think?
    Last edited by I'm so over me; 06-29-2006 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm so over me View Post
    Yeah but "stint on Facts of Life" kinda says it all, don't you think?
    I couldn't resist a quick look at imdb.com, which shows that Geri was not limited to a mere 'stint on Facts of Life.' She was one of the featured comediennes on a documentary about female stand-up comics (alongside Whoopi, Ellen and Phyllis Diller) and she's done small parts in lots of TV shows and movies as well, right up to the present date.

Besides, even if she had ONLY been on Facts of Life for a handful of episodes, how would that take away the fact that she preceded Josh as a stand-up comic with CP?
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast