+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michele Balan - Season 4

Michele Balan - Season 4

Hometown: New York, NY
    Day Job: Comedian

Voted one of the "Top 10 Comics" by Backstage Magazine in 2004, Michele Balan is a brash, New York stand-up comedian who has performed on Comedy Central as well as in top comedy clubs, theaters, festivals and on cruises all over the country.

Often told she was naturally funny, the Brooklyn native left a high-paying executive position at a computer company to pursue comedy -- even though comedy has never proved as lucrative -- and has been performing ever since.

She got her start as a "female female impersonator," doing lip sync impressions of Bette Midler. Now people tell her she is "like a female George Burns with many one-liners." Balan describes herself as "bi-comical," referencing her universal appeal to both straight and gay audiences. Her career has taken her to top comedy clubs from The Improv in Los Angeles to Caroline's on Broadway in New York, and from the Montreal "Just for Laughs Festival" to the "Dinah Shore Women's Weekend."

Balan has shared the stage with Kathy Najimy, Jennifer Holiday, Taylor Dayne, Harvey Fierstein, Bruce Vilanch and Nell Carter. In 1999, she recorded a CD at The Improv in Los Angeles which features Nell Carter singing a song parody that Balan wrote.

Balan recently recorded the critically-acclaimed DVD "LIVE Just Barely" at the famed Joe's Pub, home to the public theater and performers like Joan Rivers, Earth Kitt and Leslie Gore, for whom she just wrote a comedy segment.

FORT Fogey
    I hope Michele lasts a long time because she seemed like one of the few women who is genuinely funny.

FORT Newbie

slow and steady wins the race

I think Michele is the one to watch. She is the most natural. She also doesn't seem to have any alterior motives. She just wants to win....it doesn't matter who she is competing against.

...And nobody gives her any credit or respect. I think that she will quietly sneak in there.

FORT Fogey
    I almost choked when she said she was on the Titanic going through menopause and she ate the iceberg! That was hysterical!

She was really funny. She totally deserved to win out of the 3.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I like her alot and hope she does well on this show....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Penny Marshall II was great. It actually was far from the best performance we've seen from her, but from the way the audience reacted I bet it was an edited set.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    So far... I think she's funny. She really made me laugh when she was imitating the pilot addressing the plane while drunk.

I wish she'd lose that "I'm old, therefore I must have old jokes" mentality though, humor has no age boundaries.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727 View Post
    I almost choked when she said she was on the Titanic going through menopause and she ate the iceberg! That was hysterical!
    She was great last night! I laughed out loud a few times, too, and that doesn't happen much 'cause I'm usually pooped by the time I get home at night!

I'm glad she made it through the first challenge and I hope she does well!

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    She really made me laugh when she was imitating the pilot addressing the plane while drunk.
    Yeah, I thought that was a great joke! She did really good last night.

I wonder if her 83% score last night will make the others afraid to challege her?
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast