+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Porter - Season 4

Chris Porter - Season 4

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
    Day Job: Comedian

Kansas City native Chris Porter has been a comedian for the past eight years, and says the best part of being a comic is "the complete lack of responsibility."

He has performed on Comedy Central and in comedy clubs and colleges all over the country, drawing his material from "living life as a 27-year-old comedian who wakes up at noon and does whatever he wants."

Porter got his start in comedy when a friend tried it first and suggested he try it too. "I fell in love with it the moment I stepped on stage," says Porter, whose unique observations on life - often told from a Midwest perspective - help define his "rock 'n' roll" style of comedy.

Porter was recently seen on Comedy Central's "Live Tour" and will be appearing in the new season of their series "Live at Gotham," airing this summer. He has performed at The Improv -- including the Hollywood, Miami, Tampa and Orlando locations -- as well as at Funnybones, Zanies, Loony Bins and Stardome.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    early favorite for me. Reminds me of the schoolteacher ( Rob Cantrell )from LCS1.

Lex
    I like Chris. Sometimes he seems a little raw, but he's always funny and has really good timing.
    - often told from a Midwest perspective -
    I wonder what part of the Midwest he's from? His profile says that his hometown is LA, but I'm guessing that means where he lives now.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

He's not that bad..
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    He's my pick to win the whole thing.

His routine last night was really funny! He was definately one of the top comedians.
    BUT, from what they showed us via editing and whatnot, I thought Michelle was funnier and should have won the $1000.
    Too bad we couldn't see their whole routine, because it must have been really good for the audience to have picked him.

I do think he's funny, so I don't doubt that it was good, just thought Michelle was funnier from what they showed us.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Too bad we couldn't see their whole routine, because it must have been really good for the audience to have picked him.
    I agree. He said he brought all his A-material, but the editors might have taken some of it out... possibly because he uses those jokes again later in the season.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I wonder what part of the Midwest he's from? His profile says that his hometown is LA, but I'm guessing that means where he lives now.
    I would say the Kansas City part of the Midwest, from what his profile says.

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    I would say the Kansas City part of the Midwest, from what his profile says.
    I'd try to come up with an excuse for missing that but... geez... they were the first two words in the profile. Wow. Me am smart.

I hope Chris wins it.

~Hannah~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast