+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ty Barnett - Season 4

Ty Barnett - Season 4

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
    Day Job: Comedian

A funny, thought-provoking and edgy comic, Ty Barnett says he realized for the first time that being black was going to be an issue when the doctor slapped him - twice - and made him cut his own umbilical cord!

The Chicago native, who has been performing since his high school days on the city's south side, describes his comedy as "comfortably social with funny political views that aren't forced on the audience."

He began touring - and earning rave reviews - in California, Oregon and Canada before being voted "Up-and-coming Comedian of the Year" in 2002 at the Las Vegas Comedy Festival. He first gained the attention of Hollywood after being named "Outstanding Performer" at Montreal's "Just for Laughs Festival."

Since then, Barnett has appeared on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" as well as "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and is a regular on the "Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson."

Additional television credits include "Comedy Central Presents," "Premium Blend" and numerous television commercials, and he appeared in the feature film "Stand-up."

He has been the opening act for Donna Summer, and has also performed with Chris Rock, Al Green and Robert Schimmel.

On the comedy club circuit, Barnett has performed at the Improv, Caroline's, The Comic Strip, Caesar's Palace, Zanie's and The Ice House, and is one of the most requested comedians at colleges across the country.

...and, for whatever reason, people here in Seattle claim him as one of our own...

C'mon, Ty...give some love to Jet City!
    pg

Lex
    I really don't remember this guy at all. Did they show any of his material on the show?
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I really liked his humor when he was auditioning, but since then.... they haven't showed anything. That I can remember anyway.

But, since he was an early favorite, he's in my top 3.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I love Ty! He actually did a show at my college this fall. It was great, esp. considering I go to a private, Lutheran school. He had to edit some things out, but that didn't stop him from making it a great show! I loved!

(Go free-thinkers...!)
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

+ Reply to Thread