+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/13 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Isn't all this the reason Jay Mohr opted out of being part of the new season (although I think I see his name as one of the producers)? He didn't like the way they picked the contestants, or at least I think I remember something about that.

FORT Newbie
    Mohr is still a "consultant", he left, as did celebrity talent scouts Drew Carey and Brett Butler because unless all 3 celeb judges vote for all of the same 10 people, a secret group of producers make the final dicision... More info on wikipedia.org search for Last Comic Standing

I couldn't stand Stella-she is a poor man's "Nanny"-I didn't even smile and I found her extremely boring. I liked 4'11" ok, but I thought Nikki from the first night would have been a better pick-she was edgy and I laughed!

FORT Fan
    I think in their desire to have the house split 50/50 male/female...a lot of folks got shortchanged...not the least of which is we the audience. There were a lot of good people...not only funny comedians, but people with good human interest stories that got shafted. I personally would have liked to have seen more on the former teacher.

And if we are going to have more women to make the house more equal...then Nikki Payne should have been included. We don't need to have a "token" disability...this is 2006, I think we are way past that. If we needed to have the house 50/50 then they could have at least chosen the best women.

This casting was very poor and the worst so far.

Bleh! I have to agree with all of you. After last nights show, I don't even know if I can watch anymore of this. I really like Doug Benson soooo much more than Bill Dwyer. And although Nikki's lisp gets on my nerves a little, she is sooooo much better that Stella. I cannot believe they put that Stella woman in the house. She was the antithesis of funny. First Roz, the screaming woman with the recycled material and now Stella !?

There is something to be said for having a "mix" of people in the house, but at least make it a funny mix...

Nikki Payne shoulda been in the house.

They seem to be trying to make a "cast" for the house, rather than the funniest. But even if they were, Nikki Payne would have been great. She's great off the cuff as well as doing the stand up.

Just replace Stella with Nikki and it would have been tolerable.

They need a wildcard round or something.

Quote Originally Posted by a_canuck_01 View Post

They seem to be trying to make a "cast" for the house, rather than the funniest. But even if they were, Nikki Payne would have been great. She's great off the cuff as well as doing the stand up.

Nikki was robbed! Maybe she is too good and they were intimidated by her?

What were they thinking, that Stella might give birth in the house and create drama? Because she is worse than not funny; she is crudely unfunny. Both the single-name women, Stella and Roz, should not have made it to the house IMO.

At least they added the skinny blonde to the house, so at least one of the women I thought deserved to be there got in.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by a_canuck_01 View Post

They need a wildcard round or something.
    From all of these comments, I have to say, I'm glad I missed last night's show. I completely forgot about the show being on, but maybe that's a blessing. Can't get hooked if I don't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Marysafan View Post
    I think in their desire to have the house split 50/50 male/female...a lot of folks got shortchanged...not the least of which is we the audience. There were a lot of good people...not only funny comedians, but people with good human interest stories that got shafted. I personally would have liked to have seen more on the former teacher.

And if we are going to have more women to make the house more equal...then Nikki Payne should have been included. We don't need to have a "token" disability...this is 2006, I think we are way past that. If we needed to have the house 50/50 then they could have at least chosen the best women.

This casting was very poor and the worst so far.
    Josh is more than a "token", he is one of the funnier people.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fan
    I agree that Josh is more than a token....but I think that because they had already selected Josh....they couldn't take Nikki too. There is just no other accounting for why Nikki was dissed.

+ Reply to Thread