+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 5/30 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fan
    seems like the overall quality of comedians is MUCH better than previous seasons

/not sad to see mohr gone

Lex
    I've said in the past that American Idol is "the one reality show I watch." But now that it's over, I've been hurting for something new to watch and I just happened to run across this season premiere. Now I'm hooked.

LCS appeals to me on a similar level that AI appeals to me. Comedy is something I enjoy watching and listening to. One episode gives me several different styles of comedy to watch and hopefully I'll find something I find funny.

I was glad I stumbled onto this show, because I quite enjoyed it. I found a lot of these comedians to be very funny.

Some of the people I liked:

Nikki Payne

John Blue - Possibly the funniest of the night

Flip

The "old broad"

The college girl who asked for a second chance (I love underdogs)

The guy who was talking about terrorists moving here and becoming lazy like us.

(there were so many people, it's hard to remember their names)

I look forward to seeing how this season plays out.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sukee View Post
    Ah, Nikki is Canadian, I've probably seen her on the CBC

And I just found this:

"Nikki Payne
    Nikki Payne is a two time winner of the Canadian Comedy Award for Best Female Stand-up. She's written for This Hour Has 22 Minutes and popcultured with Elvira Kurt. As well as appearing in several comedy programs and films, she garnered a Gemini nomination for her hit Comedy Now stand-up special. Nikki hails from Sackville, Nova Scotia."
    I have seen Nikki a few times on CBC. I have to admit, she does make me laugh
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

I thought she looked familiar. Well now she has got to be my fav. She is from Halifax NS just like me, her family is from Newfoundland, just like me. And she is funny.
    There is a blog she is writting on the comedy network in Canada that I just found, hilarious!
    Her last post was on May 8th 2006, maybe we will hear more from her as the show goes on.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

FORT Fan
    And here I was, wondering why some of the unfunniest people were picked while a couple of my favourites were not. Should have known it was all a setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    I liked the guy with cerebal palsy's joke about the phone number one number per page.
    And then he says "Make sure you don't mix them up... maybe we should staple them together. Anyone have a stapler?" or something like that :rotfl I'm a little partial to him as my son has CP too and he's hilarious!! (Blue that is, although my son has his moments too)

FORT Newbie

It's all hacks...

Honestly the integrity of the show is dead....you know they are just doing a casting call for personalities that would make good drama in a reality show. They are just try to get a variety of people, the female comics, the black comic, just someone to represent that "category".

Some of the best comedians won't be on there...this season there are only a few good comedians...but most just have hacky jokes that I have heard. I'm surprised the New York comedians were mostly horrible...New york have some of the best comedians out there...but then again this show is not going to promote cringe humor or mature content...

Enough with the female comedians and jokes about relationships and boyfriends...

And, RaullyRal, the editors are bound to use the quickest and biggest reactive jokes from someone's set...rather than a long involved story that not everyone got.

It's the nature of what this is--a television show--and what this is not--a referendum on what is good stand-up comedy.

Take it for what its worth...and for knowing that cringe humor's been represented on LCS before...as it doesn't get much more Cringe Humor-y than Rich Vos...and all NBC could offer was a neutered version of Vos (still funny...but not free to say what he might have wanted to...when he wanted to...)

...and know that most comics know the game being played here and many made the decision not to throw their hat in this particular path to increasing your public profile and drawing attention to yourself.

pg

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by RaullyRal View Post
    Enough with the female comedians and jokes about relationships and boyfriends...
    .....and jokes about raising kids. Ho friggin hum.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pg13 View Post
    And, RaullyRal, the editors are bound to use the quickest and biggest reactive jokes from someone's set...rather than a long involved story that not everyone got.

It's the nature of what this is--a television show--and what this is not--a referendum on what is good stand-up comedy.

Take it for what its worth...and for knowing that cringe humor's been represented on LCS before...as it doesn't get much more Cringe Humor-y than Rich Vos...and all NBC could offer was a neutered version of Vos (still funny...but not free to say what he might have wanted to...when he wanted to...)

...and know that most comics know the game being played here and many made the decision not to throw their hat in this particular path to increasing your public profile and drawing attention to yourself.

pg
    I still am pretty bitter how they just cancelled the finale...and Jim Norton should've won season 2.

+ Reply to Thread