+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Garry Marshall - Judge

  1. #1
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Garry Marshall - Judge

    Garry Marshall was the executive producer of a string of sitcoms that helped ABC win the ratings race for the first time in the network's history in the late 1970s. While Norman Lear's Tandem Productions and Grant Tinker's MTM Enterprises had put CBS on top in the early part of the decade, by the end of the 1978-79 season, four of the five highest-rated shows of the year were Marshall's.

    By the mid-1980s, Marshall had turned his attention to directing, producing, and occasionally writing feature films, including Young Doctors in Love (1982), The Flamingo Kid (1984), Nothing In Common (1986), Overboard (1987), Beaches (1989), Pretty Woman (1990), and Frankie and Johnny (1991). He also began appearing on screen occasionally, most recently in a recurring role on Murphy Brown.

  2. #2
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,830
    Great accomplishments, but what landed him as a judge on a comedy reality show??
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Great accomplishments, but what landed him as a judge on a comedy reality show??

    Maybe the fact that he alone is probably the funniest man ever to live!

  4. #4
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    Maybe the fact that he alone is probably the funniest man ever to live!
    Well that answered my question..

    I obviously didn't know that he was the funniest man to ever breath air ...and I still don't know why he's a judge on this show.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Well that answered my question..

    I obviously didn't know that he was the funniest man to ever breath air ...and I still don't know why he's a judge on this show.
    GM has written, produced or directed some of the funniest material ever! But what makes him the funniest man ever to live has to be his acting. Anyone who ever saw him on Murphy Brown will know this man is a comic genius! And listen to him when he's being interviewed... his wit is amazing and his timing and delivery are beyond belief.

  6. #6
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene View Post
    GM has written, produced or directed some of the funniest material ever! But what makes him the funniest man ever to live has to be his acting. Anyone who ever saw him on Murphy Brown will know this man is a comic genius! And listen to him when he's being interviewed... his wit is amazing and his timing and delivery are beyond belief.
    Hmm...I watched Murphy Brown. Thanks for the info! I'll have to Googlize him, I must have seen him somewhere.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  7. #7
    FORT Fan shaynas_mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South Jersey
    Age
    60
    Posts
    388
    Maveno: He's also Laverne's (Laverne & Shirley) brother.

  8. #8
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,701
    I love Garry Marshall and think he's at least as qualified as the other judges.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.