+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Last Comic Standing 4' Premieres May 30 on NBC

'Last Comic Standing 4' Premieres May 30 on NBC

NBC has announced that the fourth season of 'Last Comic Standing' will have a 2-hour season premiere on Tuesday, May 30. Here is the show info from the official site.

America will choose who ultimately wins the title of "Last Comic Standing" when NBC's Emmy-nominated series returns for a new season of laughs and surprises. Following the special two-hour premiere, the series will air in its regular time slot of 9-10 p.m. ET on Tuesdays.

Anthony Clark hosts this season’s competition, which begins with a nationwide talent search for professional and aspiring comedians. Celebrity judges Kathy Griffin (Bravo's "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List," NBC's "Suddenly Susan"), Garry Marshall ("Chicken Little," "The Princess Diaries I & II"), and Tim Meadows ("The Benchwarmers," NBC's "Saturday Night Live") will appear on two special "semi-finals" episodes to help choose the top comedians who ultimately make it into the "house." Only this time, the "house" is actually the Queen Mary–the famous luxury ocean liner docked in Long Beach, California that will be home to the comedians during the competition.

Outrageous contests, surprise guests and unexpected twists and turns make the competition even livelier as more contestants are eliminated and only the top finalists are left. Then America gets to choose the winner–voting by phone and online–and the "Last Comic Standing" gets an exclusive talent contract with NBC and their own comedy special on Bravo.
    I will definitely be watching. I like Anthony Clark (I thought he was great on 'Yes, Dear), and I think he'll be a good host, and Kathy Griffin is sure to be a hilarious judge. Who else will be watching?

Not me. NBC has completely turned me off of this series with the way they handled season 3.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I am soooooo torn on this. I love seeing the new folks, but hate the thought of endorsing how the series has been handled in the past. Do we have some guarantees that that we'll actually see the "last comic" this time?

I will give it a chance, but if it is handled like 3, I will turn it off.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww I hate that Yes Dear guy. Ugh, guess my decision has been made for me
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Probably not I. I can't stand Kathy Griffin.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Count me in. I miss the show...well if it is as funny as season 1 that is.

I am really not sure if I am going to watch this. The whole treatment of Alonzo, in how they handled season three ticked me off. I also really like Jay Mohr, so am not thrilled about the whole new host thing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    I am definately glad NBC is taking another swing at this. Yeah, they screwed up on the last one but we all loved season one.

The guest judges are only going to be a brief part of the audition process. I am not crazy about Kathy either, but I will be a happy viewer.

Omg - one more week - I can't wait - I love this show!
    I had to run to my Tivo and make sure the season pass was picking it up - yes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast