+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LCS3 Finale on

For those of us who don't get comedy central, could you all do good rundowns of what goes down? Thanks!

NBC.com has the winner posted now, for those who are interested.

Well, I don't have cable, therefore I can't watch this on Comedy Central this weekend. Will Shazzer be writing up one of her wonderful recaps for the finale too? I don't just want to know who won, but it would be nice to know the break down, hear about the winner's reaction, final set, etc. Shame on NBC for not airing it, making us loser people without cable not be able to see the ending. :phhht

wow, the winner is posted on nbc.

what a disappointment, i was really forward to watching the whole show.
    ~~ try your very best not to scream ~~

Article on Yahoo...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...18&u=/eo/15128

>>
    "Last" Shot on Comedy Central

By Jennifer Godwin
    Alonzo Bodden won Last Comic Standing: Battle of the Best Tuesday night, but don't tell Comedy Central. A week after NBC canceled the increasingly low-rated reality show, Comedy Central picked up the one remaining episode--the finale--and slated it to air Saturday at 8 p.m.

But the day after the deal was announced, NBC scooped the cable network that was airing its castoff.

Jay Mohr and company filmed the half-hour finale at CBS Entertainment City in Los Angeles on Tuesday, and the winner--Bodden, respected for his well-written material and TV-friendly looks--was announced on NBC's Website shortly thereafter. Way to take the suspense out of the finale, Peacock! Bodden won $250,000 for his trouble.

The deal to air the finale was presaged by Comedy Central's existing arrangement to air "encore presentations" of Last Comic Standing eps. The basic cable net also offered a one-hour special as a prize for the winners--Dat Phan in season one and John Heffron in season two.

However, when NBC canceled LCS last week, it was unclear what would become of the third-season competitors, in which a "Battle of the Best" had pitted the casts of season one and two against each other. At the time NBC shut off Mohr's mike, John Heffron, Alonzo Bodden, Rich Vos and Dave Mordal were the final four.

The original post-cancellation plan was to announce the winner in a brief interstitial during a three-ep Father of the Pride marathon. Mohr nodded to the net's apparent preference for the talking lion show when he signed off his original announcement of the Comic's cancellation: "I have to stop typing now because I have to go TiVo (news - web sites) Father of the Pride."

According to Mohr's Web message, the show's producers had resisted a third installment so soon after the second, but NBC insisted that it needed to fill its schedule. "We argued that having a separate version of Last Comic so soon after season 2 concluded would burn the audience out and damage the franchise. Well the network insisted we move forward and we came up with LCS Battle of the Best." LCS3 did tank against tougher fall programming, averaging just 6 million viewers, down from 8 million-plus for both season one and two.

An NBC spokeswoman refused to comment on whether Last Comic Standing might return for a fourth round of hilarious hijinks.

Bodden, a former aviation mechanic, has some on-screen credits already. In addition to Lost Comic Standing, he played a brawny bouncer named Steel in The Girl Next Door and Bear in the Steve Martin-Queen Latifah comedy Bringing Down the House. He's also made guest appearances on the WB shows Angel and Grounded for Life.

On whis Website, Bodden wrote, "This thing hasn't sunk in yet, it's sort of surreal to hear you just won 250 grand but its true. Love you guys." And then he got in the obligatory Father of the Pride dig, "As for NBC, no one knows why they jerked around the show at the final episode. Some say it's ratings, others say it's DreamWorks, the producers of the animal puppets have lots of clout. Animal puppets, all I can say is somewhere out there is a great salesman."
    <<

Keith S. :{)>

Well I just saw the 30 minute finale on Comedy Central and congratulations to Alonzo..... but this episode proved once again that the funniest and most original comic came in 2nd!

Alonzo couldn't even come up with new material, but Dave must have just walked around the city coming up with funny things. I swear if I were gay, I would marry the guy.... or maybe not, he didn't win the 250k!

Good bye, Last Comic Standing. Your 1st season in the house was excellent, your 2nd was terrible and your 3rd sucked.

Chris

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm still pissed.

[QUOTE=mrpayroll]
    Alonzo couldn't even come up with new material, but Dave must have just walked around the city coming up with funny things. I swear if I were gay, I would marry the guy.... or maybe not, he didn't win the 250k!

[QUOTE]

Alonzo has the same affect on me. At least I wouldn't have to be gay to live out my comedy fetish.

I finally saw the finale. I thought all 4 of the comics were so relaxed and a heck of a lot funnier than on the previous show when they competed. I loved how Rich handled that heckler and how he can incorporate the audience into his routine.

Congratulations to Alonzo.
    I thought the right man won. I wouldn't have mind if Dave had won, but I believe Alonzo is by far better. Of course, that's all boils down to personal preference.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I thought both Heffron and Vos pretty much did "F.U." sets. Vos recycles a lot, but he is very good with an audience. He'd be really fun to see in a club. Heffron seemed to be saying - thanks for the ride NBC. Esp. when he did the "last 20 seconds" finger wiggle.

I was proud of Dave - he did a classy set, without repeating jokes.

Alonzo was good, as usual. I like how consistent he is. He did a couple of repeats, but he won - so good for him!

I still heart Dave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12