+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did our emails do this?

Pea
    FORT Newbie

Did our emails do this?

This is posted on the Last Comic Standing boards at NBC:

Posted by LastComic1:

PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY!!!!! IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!!

I have just received word that THERE IS GOING TO BE A HALF HOUR FINALE FOR SEASON THREE. As of right now, it is scheduled to air on Tuesday night. I do NOT know what time, yet. I will let you all know as soon as I find out.

I would also like to say, that we, on Last Comic Standing, thank you all very much for the support that you have shown. We appreciate you all writing in to NBC and letting them know how much you love this show. I know that it means a lot to the comedians, the crew, and everyone else involved that you have voiced your support to NBC.

Thank you once again.
    Pea

I sure hope those in charge realized that cancelling the finale would be a huge mistake.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

LG.
    not sure, Pea. Can't tell if this graphic on the first page of the official website is from before the finale was cancelled, or if it's back up now due to some change.

anyway, it's what is up on the website right now. Hopefully we'll get our finale, because I sure don't want to have to watch that stupid lion show to find out the winner.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    mmmm....could be a teaser, huh. Just stay tuned..... Coming up right after this..... LCS3 winner to be announced soon....

Pea
    FORT Newbie
    I'm pretty sure it's official. Alonzo posted the same thing on his website last night. The time hasn't been set yet, we just know it's 1/2 next Tuesday night. He said that the negative response to the cancellation was overwhelming...so it looks like we did our jobs.
    Pea

FORT Newbie
    If that is true, then

That would definately help bring back some confidence in NBC.

Anyone think this was a ploy to drum up publicity for the finale? Or just a bonehead executive move? I don't think I have ever seen a finale cancelled before ... it seemed odd.

FORT Newbie
    I think it was for real. Many sitcoms get cancelled before a finale. I think who ever was in charge of this decision, must not realize the difference between an interactive competition reality show, and a regular sitcom.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by baembrey
    Many sitcoms get cancelled before a finale. I think who ever was in charge of this decision, must not realize the difference between an interactive competition reality show, and a regular sitcom.
    Excellent point. If this were a sitcom, it would have been cancelled a long time ago b/c the ratings were so low. You can't really cancel a reality competition until the run is completed.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    Anyone think this was a ploy to drum up publicity for the finale? Or just a bonehead executive move? I don't think I have ever seen a finale cancelled before ... it seemed odd.

The same thing ran through my mind when I saw that they were going to run a **whole half hour** of the finale - a publicity stunt - esp. if the ratings were not what NBC wanted.....but I don't know, maybe it wasn't....it does all seem rather shady.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast