+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did our emails do this?

Quote Originally Posted by december12
    it does all seem rather shady.
    Why would NBC ask the public to vote for their favorite comedian if they were considering not airing the finale showing the outcome? It did sound strange and I did send an email.

I saw Jay Mohr on someone's morning show today. While I rarely believe him, he did say that they were given back a half-hour for the finale and that it was in response to the large amounts of complaints that the network received. It definitely sounded real.

He also made it clear who the winner is and said that since the show was cancelled, why should he care about keeping the outcome a secret until the finale. Unless asked, I won't reveal who he indicated as the winner as this is not a spoiler thread.

OK so i just saw a commmercial on NBC for the FotP marathon on Tuesday, they said it starts at 8 and its 3 back to back episodes...so I was like, ok LCS will be on at 930 then, waiting fr them to say that at the end of the commercial...THEN they say "followd by an all new Scrubs"....at 930....so umm...whens our half hour LCS finale?? 1030??

I would love to think our emails helped.
    I didn't enjoy this season, but did send an email letting them know that I felt disrespected that they would cancel the last episode and would program out NBC from my TV if they truely thought so little of me as a viewer. I let them know that I hoped they would reconsider and do the right thing.

Looks like they got tons of emails from us and did reconsider...Goodjob!!

FORT Fogey
    I sent an email also. I have never been moved to do so until this incident. I was heatened to see it must have worked. I have always been under the impression that email were largely ingored.

As it unfolded, Jay screwed the shot at the finale. I cannot blame him in the least. He had every right to be angry beyond belief.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I saw Jay Mohr on someone's morning show today. While I rarely believe him, he did say that they were given back a half-hour for the finale and that it was in response to the large amounts of complaints that the network received. It definitely sounded real.

He also made it clear who the winner is and said that since the show was cancelled, why should he care about keeping the outcome a secret until the finale. Unless asked, I won't reveal who he indicated as the winner as this is not a spoiler thread.
    Did you see him on tv in Phoenix? I saw him. he said the same thing. He was also so wasted he could barely stay awake. gee...I wonder why they cancelled his show?!

LG.
    The NBC website now says:

jahmohr.com says that the finale will be filmed and aired for 30 minutes on Comedy Central, but doesn't have when or where details. Uuugh
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Defender of life...
    http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker2004/archives/027590.shtml

The finale is scheduled to air Saturday, 8 p.m. Eastern on Comedy Central with a Sunday morning rebroadcast also on Comedy Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo
    Did you see him on tv in Phoenix? I saw him. he said the same thing. He was also so wasted he could barely stay awake. gee...I wonder why they cancelled his show?!
    Yes, I did see him on air in metro Phoenix. You're right, he did seem very wasted. I was channel surfing with my morning coffee as I recall and just spotted him.

FORT Newbie

Comedy Central LCS scheduled for 2 more episodes ....

Is there going to be 2 more episodes on Comedy Central? I looked at the schedule on comedycentral.com and found this: hmmmm. note the episodes numbers ....308 AND 309 next week.

10/16/2004 800 PM All Times ET/PT
    Last Comic Standing (ep#308) [cc]

Show information

10/17/2004 1100 AM All Times ET/PT
    Last Comic Standing (ep#308) [cc]

Show information

10/23/2004 800 PM All Times ET/PT
    Last Comic Standing (ep#309) [cc]

Show information

10/24/2004 100 PM All Times ET/PT
    Last Comic Standing (ep#309) [cc]

+ Reply to Thread