+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No Final episode?

Qboots...Lord knows I feel your pain. But maybe they'll air it on our Comedy Network?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's possible. I'll keep an eye on the listings.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    THe canceling of Last Comic Standing just doesn't make sense. All that is left is one episode. They can't find a spot to show it? Maybe they can't get enough money from advertisements to be able to pay for filliming and the cash award.

They might just be pulling a stunt to get more people to watch the final, but I also thought that FOX was what they were going to do with Playing it Straight. Things just don't add up. I want to know that real reason why they canceled the show. Low viewship is not enough of a reason.

FORT Fogey
    This is a post from another board. She mentioned the name of the winner because she read his lips. That is not included here. I am not sure about spoiling rules on this board. email me if you would like to know the answer. It is in my profile.

I just heard about this on Celebrity Justice and am shocked!!
    (I was wondering why they had 3 back to back episodes of Father of the Pride - with 1 or 2 being repeats - and no Last Comic Standing.)

Jay Mohr announced the winner on a live Arizona morning show (after news of the cancellation of the final episode). The name was bleeped out by Celebrity Justice, but Jay did say the name.

In a clip of that morning show, Jay said: "maybe we'll announce the winner during Father of the Pride? How about no because I just announced it. Ok? [bleep] won."

Another clip:
    "NBC cancelled Last Comic Standing with one show to go. All we had to do was crown a winner. But the winner is [bleep]. How's that NBC! How ya doin. Wanna cancel the show?"

Another clip where Jay says "[bleep] enjoy your $250,000."

Some of the talk from the host of Celebrity Justice included referencing Jay's website.
    Also said:
    "Trouble is, while Mohr believed the show was cancelled, NBC officials tell CJ they are still in discussion and have yet to announce plans on how they will deal with the show's finale."

Then some speculation on the possible legal dilema.

------------------------------------

Well those stupid idiots over at NBC are saying this again on their website ''watch the Father of the Pride marathon to find out The Last Comic Standing'

Chris

FORT Fogey
    That could be because Jat Mor already spilled the winner and they see no reason to oblige him.

can someone who saw it and knows who won PLEASE post it with spoiler tags??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Another clip where Jay says "[bleep] enjoy your $250,000."

Then some speculation on the possible legal dilema.
    I wonder if they cancelled the show, because they didn't want to pay out the $250,000, then realized that they couldn't get out of it and decided to go ahead with a Token Finale on Comedy Central.

FORT Fogey
    No they will get the money. When Jay announced the winner he mentioned this. It is quoted in my post above.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I think i read on the E1 news ticker that it was cancelled over low ratings, frankly i don't put nbc beyond that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread